Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Opinions please

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dally Banjo, May 24, 2010.

1. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

I make these out of MDF & paint them with acyrlic paint do you think they would sell? If so how much do you think I should price them at? & any online places apart from ebay where I could sell them? Any ideas advice greatly received as need to make some dosh :eek:

[​IMG]

These hang round door frames
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

OMG my youngest son would LOVE the dragon ones:)
    As for whether they would sell I'd definitely consider buying one of the dragons & keeping it for him for Christmas, as for prices I'm not entirely sure but you could work out how much you spent on the MDF, paint, etc & add something to that for the work you have put in, it depends on if you just want to break even or make some profit

3. dingal2000

dingal2000 PetForums VIP

I think they wuld be great , for pre school and infants, you should approach some one about supplying schools :D

4. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

wow thay are fantastic...

5. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

justadd up a reasonable mark on them - i dont know what your costs are so you will have to decide that for yourself.

They are great... :)

i think ebay may be the way forward? and mabey a website (freewebs/weebly?) arefree :)

Dally Banjo likes this.
  6. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

They are brilliant, Id be interested in them when you get them priced:D

7. Dally Banjo

Thank you I just thought about costs after Id hit the submit button :rolleyes: so will have to do some calculations, I wont have to charge to much for labour as they can take ages when you have paws trying to help :rolleyes: :D

Great idea :thumbup: I also used to make tic-tac-toe games they would be good for little peeps thank you :D

& thank you all very much for your nice comments :)

8. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

They look fine and I bet take you a while to paint etc.I've been in fancy goods on and off for many years,and lines like this are only suitable sold in one outlet in my opinion....a craft fair.

If you sell to shops their profit will whittle away your much needed ££££s
    They are too upmarket for street markets and car boots....unless you go on one of the posh London street markets.They are not your average Asda punters cup of tea but would go down well at a craft fair with similar traders and hand crafted goods.

Price????....whatever you can get...I've no idea how long they take to make and what sort of return you expect for your labours.

9. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

wow those are fantastic!!

contact the local schools and town halls as sometimes they have craftfairs. that would be the perfect place to sell them.
    Def try ebay as well. If you can do different designs to you could even have them made to order.

Good luck!!

10. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

:lol: paws are very unhelpful sometimes :lol:

charge for labour. Add it up how many hours each one costs, give yourself a wage. Thats personally what id do.... if not that - work out your mark up...

(im stating how i would price it) so i might be wrong :)

11. dingal2000

dingal2000 PetForums VIP

this a disagree with, with any fledgling business, until you know what kind of profit you would make, you wuld hold off from giving yourself a wage until you have enough orders to know you can cover costs and then see what you have left over before considering a payoout for yourself

12. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I don't know how much to sell them for but I know kids will love them!!

13. doogpoh

doogpoh PetForums Senior

There really good :thumbup: i like the purple dragon best and would buy one from you.

14. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Wow they are incredible!! :thumbup: I would love some :thumbup:

15. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

They are really great, good luck with selling them i bet they sell fast,as some have said craft fairs would be a good place to start, my dad used to make name plates for houses,number of house /name etc and would sell them at craft markets,another place he would sell them was at boot sales.

16. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

no your right there :)

To me a wage would be a coouple of quid (i should have put that tbh so appolgies)

but yes any start up business break even in the first 12 months your doing good - profit and its excellent :)

17. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Dont know how much to charge sorry, but they are fabulous, what about marketing them at specific forums eg if you did animal ones you could market them here or if there is a dungeons and dragons forum you could do the dragon there. They really are excellent though.

18. Dally Banjo

WOW thanks guys, I use to sell lots of cat things at a shop in Necastle but it closed down & I moved location then found a local craft shopie place that did sell or return but it closed down a few years ago & did'nt sell many as I think they had them marked up to much :rolleyes: & with one thing or another mainly animals forgot all about my poor old saw in the cellar :frown: I hope it still works :D

I shall look for local craft fairs there must be some round here it would be a case of haveing a lot ready at one time though, Ebay is looking good but was just wondering if there was a craft online selling place? that would be better possibley. Found a couple more pics of things

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

OMG they are fantastic - I would have bought them when my children were younger - in fact my eldest still loves dragons. They are gorgeous - you're very clever. :thumbup:

We do a topic at school that is about a wizard who looks just like yours and he has a dragon sidekick. I bet we couldn't afford them though.

Fab :thumbup:

20. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

so come on give us a price,!!!!!! I know I would order one from you,, would you take requests...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice