Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Opinions on drop in dog sitting?

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by MelXciv, Sep 16, 2013.

1. MelXciv

MelXciv PetForums Newbie

Opinions wanted,
    I've had a lady contact me asking if I'd walk her dog for an hour each day while she's on holiday for 2 weeks, her adult children will be staying behind, but will be out for the majority of the day, so the dog will be left 10-12 hours at a time! :(
    I'm thinking I'll do it as long as she agree's to a second visit at a later time!
    What does everyone think?

2. EssexWags

EssexWags PetForums Member

10-12 hours too long it would be a no from me. For what she'd pay you to keep popping in the dog could be home boarded.
    Is it not something you offer ?

#2 EssexWags, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  3. MelXciv

MelXciv PetForums Newbie

Unfortunately I can't offer home boarding at the moment, but will be in the future.
    Doesn't help her right now though, I'll quote her for 2 Walks and 1 Visit per day (Won't be cheap!) and see if her kids are willing to lend a hand. And I'll recommend that she try a kennels or another Home boarder as a cheaper option.
    But she's left it late, only a couple of weeks until she's off.:frown2:

4. BoredomBusters

BoredomBusters PetForums VIP

Some of the dogs I walk daily are alone 10 hours a day with the owner's working 8 hours plus commuting time. With travel time the dogs are usually out of the house for 2 hours, so I'd have no problem with doing that for a mature dog.

If the dog is not used to being left then split into 2 half hour visits could be suggested.

5. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I'd say it would be better for the dog than being put into the alien environment of a kennel where it will be alone and scared.

I think one walk and one visit would be adequate

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice