Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Opinion on the Companion Care vets in Pets at Home

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by keeleyjane19, May 18, 2010.

1. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

I am not with companion care, but have always wondered what they are like? A bit strange wacking a vet in the middle of a pet shop??? I have been there for my pups vaccination as that is who she was registered with before I got her but I never know what to think of it??

My vet is brilliant and was great when my Cleo broke her foot.

I just can't picture myself running into a pet shop with a poorly dog??

What are your opinions??? xx

2. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

do all pets at homes have vets?

3. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

No not all of them, I just find it strange!! x

4. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Iv been registered with my local companion care for a couple of years now,and have found them to be brilliant (may just be our local team that are good?) and am happy to continue there.

5. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Oh brilliant!! I just wondered as never heard anything about them good or bad but I wouldn't change as my Cleo has all her history at our current vet and they know her really well.

I didn't have a problem with them when they did the pups vaccines and they had an offer for kennel cough vaccine for £10 with the routine vaccinations as a package xxx

6. slbrown2108

slbrown2108 PetForums Senior

Maisie is registered with them too i also find its weird but hey ho lol. They have been brill with her so far even when she was poorly pup :D

7. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

Can you still get out of hours care as i presume usual shop access is shut or is it like Vets4pets who direct you to VetsNow for out of hours service?

That was one of the reasons i stuck with my current vet over vets4pets as there on call 24/7 and only a 5 min drive away and the nearest VetsNow place is 8 miles away towards the city centre which i didn't fancy in an emergency.

8. slbrown2108

slbrown2108 PetForums Senior

im not sure tbh i think it mite be vetsnow

9. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Thats one thing they told me at the vaccinations, they don't have out of hours they refer you to vetsnow and you have to pay a huge amount just for consultation!!

Nice to hear that they are good though, as it's always been a wonder to me!!

xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice