UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm at work from 8 till 12 today, and then I have to go into hospital for 2pm for an evening skin graft operation under general anaesthetic (to cover burns from a previous accident) :scared: I'll probably be in for 2 nights, but the other times I've been operated on (about 5-6 times, always Wednesday), they've never let me out before the weekend yet. I just want to get home, chill out, and be on PF during my couple of weeks off work :p

I'm getting a bit more nervous now, didn't get much sleep last night (though not worried about that - figure I'll get plenty of sleep today, induced or not!)

Everytime I've woken up after a general, I wake up crying!! Anyone who wants to share anything they're nervous about today, or having something they're not looking forward to - please use this thread to offload! A problem shared is a problem halved, or quadrupled etc and before you know it, it's not so bad after all (at least, I'm really hoping it will work in this case!)

Oh, and any funny hospital stories are welcome too - I need something to make me laugh today!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
18,554 Posts
sorry you have to have yet another operation and I hope you are let out before the weekends :) its only natural tp we worried but I'm sure it will all go well, good luck for today :) xxx

G

·
Doubt i will make you laugh much today but my Mum has had this proceedure done and was absolutely fine xx

Sending hugs xxx

I hear trhe best cure is cake and ice cream :thumbsup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doubt i will make you laugh much today but my Mum has had this proceedure done and was absolutely fine xx

Sending hugs xxx

I hear trhe best cure is cake and ice cream :thumbsup:
If the doctor orders cake and ice-cream, I should be absolutely fine!! And the OH has also promised to take care of me, and get me anything I need (not that I'll take advantage of that at all... :thumbsup:)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
:eek:Good luck for today, I have had my fair share of stints in hospital too.
Funnily enough they never let me out before the weekend either!! :rolleyes::)

I am waiting yet another op :rolleyes:, sorry not cheering you up!! :p
Just to say good luck and hopefully it will all be over soon.

Lets us know how you get on :)

While in hospital last year, i was lucky enough to be in a ward that had some great people in, there was as this Irish lady in my ward and she had a wicked sense of humour :thumbsup: anyway while walkng through the ward, she cheerily said to a older man "you going home today" apparently the man looked puzzled at her.........it was a consultant!!, she thought he was a patient. He did look a bit flustered!!:D:D .......sorry it made me chuckle...:eek:

G

·
my stepmum is going through skin graft ops at the moment and I will be going to visit her later :)

hmmm how to make you laugh? Ok... what did one snowman say to the other snowman? Can you smell carrot? :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my stepmum is going through skin graft ops at the moment and I will be going to visit her later :)

hmmm how to make you laugh? Ok... what did one snowman say to the other snowman? Can you smell carrot? :D
lol - thanks for that! And good luck to your mum, I hope all goes well with her grafts too!

I'm about to shut down my PC and head off home for a shower, so I'll certainly be in touch once I'm back home recouperating!

I know I'm a newbie on this forum, so I really do appreciate all your well wishes, they mean a lot! :thumbsup:

xxx

·
Registered
39,165 Posts
sending good wishes from me, i am sure all will go well and you will be back here with us all in no time,;) :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.