Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

open college...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nic101, May 16, 2010.

1. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

ok that time of year - exams are almost done and i have 4 months off.. i want to do something constructive (as well as travelling round the country, trying polo and having ablast :lol: )

Home learning courses, Online Distance learning courses, Home study college courses

has anyone studied with these ^^

i want to do the equine course but wary about paying in full to a company i have only heard of on the net....?

2. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

Can you not do one through the Open University? At least then you know they won't pinch your money and do one!

3. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

It needs to be completed from jun-sept...(end of sept) as its just for over summer :)

im already doing a degree.. but this is just a personal thing i need to do :lol: and want the piece of paper too.

4. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

I have some paper and a printer...I can make you a certificate. :lol:

Have a look around on the tinterweb and see if there are any reviews or anything. Then give them a ring and see what it involves. :)

5. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

lmao!! now thats naughty !! (not that employers would flipping check anyhow) so might takeyou up on that offer :lol:

i will have amooch round - only have 2 weeks left of exams :D then imfreeee - i really do want to do something equine related :D (hence this course)!

6. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

Maybe instead of forking out however much money, you could go and volunteer at a Horse centre or something. I know you don't get the piece of paper, but at least you can say you have worked with them. :)

7. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

to be honest id love to... but im working mon-friday - photography at weekends - shows/outings. :lol:

i plan to do this course mon-fri afternoon and evenings.... (at least 2 hours a day)...

i just really need/want this piece of paper to give me something else on my CV which if all goes to plan with my new career ide a( must be bloody mad) i need it :)

8. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

final bump about this college (or otheres)!

i have read some reviews about it and all good.... however personal experiences of open college would be fab :)

cant wait to start it and i dont intend to tell any friends/family im doign it until i have passed :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice