Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ooops! I think I've broken my dog....

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MerlinsMum, May 21, 2010.

1. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

He is upside-down on the sofa and hasn't moved for the last 5 hours..... hasn't even reminded me he wants some dinner! :scared:

We did a lovely long trek today - about 7 miles, the first of the season. If he aches as much as I do, I can totally empathise :)

But oh-how wonderful it is to be that tired!

http://www.petforums.co.uk/wildlife-chat/103172-polliwogs.html#post1590495

2. borderer

borderer Guest

ha ha my greyhounds are like that:thumbup:

3. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

LOL greyhound he ain't - his ancestors on both sides were built to work full time on sheep!

4. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

Aww bless him! I used to regularly walk my dogs between 5 and 8 miles prior to my health deteriorating. I so miss it. :eek:

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Sounds like you both enjoyed your walk, and a well needed rest! :)

I'm bored of the very few places to walk where we live now :( One thing I can't stand is having to come back on myself to get home, and the only loop walk takes hours and hours and loads of its on road too :(
    Still when I move there will be new walks to do and much more of them! :)

6. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

I can imagine you do, Caroline... my own health isn't the full whack but in spring and summer I try to do a really long walk about once a month even in the hottest weather, which luckily Merlin can withstand very well. Last year I did more as my neighbour Patrick accompanied me, as you may know he died last Oct, so it's needed a lot more motivation to get out & about again this year without him.

My problem is that I am a born explorer, so apart from a couple of favourite walks that will never lose their appeal, I am starting to run out of new bits to do! But by the time I'm done I will have walked a heck of a lot of the South Coast - in bits - my aim of course is to have walked it all from Chichester to Gosport, and if I had more money it would be my dream to walk all round the Isle of Wight as well.

7. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

woah, it does feel good when ur completely buggered afterwards! you love sitting down 100x more after it. :)

if the weather sticks good tomorrow, were gonna go on a long trek up the hills :)

8. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

bless him, it sounds like you both enjoyed yourself.

and i love the pics :D

9. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Sounds like you both had a good time.

I was planning on taking some of mine on a long walk along the canal today but after falling over the step on thursday night I now have a swollen wrist and a sore foot so it will be out normal walk again today.

10. Jasper's Bloke

Jasper's Bloke PetForums VIP

Jasper still hasn't recovered from last nights romp, we left it till about 830pm when it was cooler but he still slurped through a litre of water when we got back to the car.

Don't think we will be doing it today though, its just sooo hot and as he is 98% jet black, he just soaks up the heat and after 10 minutes in the sun he is literally too hot to touch. Luckily he has been having a good play with a few ice cubes (in between naps!) and there are a few carrots freezing for him to munch later.

11. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Ooooh..... ooooh..... ouch ouch!

I'm with you Jaspersbloke - not going far today either!
    Just hobbled down to the shops and my left leg's as stiff as a board, I've got blisters on my right foot, and a sore bum where my underwear chafed! :lol:

Think it's definitely a 'beach potato' day with a good book and a nice picnic.

12. Jasper's Bloke

Jasper's Bloke PetForums VIP

whaaaaaay too much information!!!

13. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

It's important to realise these things can happen! I always wondered what the benefits of 'going commando' were! :lol:

14. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Sounds like you had a great day.
    Hope Merlin and your aching bones have recovered today so you can get out and enjoy this lovely weather.

15. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Taking it easy this afternoon Fleur but going for an evening walk around Porchester Castle later on.

16. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

Thats going to be busy :) Enjoy !

17. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

sounds fab, although i couldnt walk more than 4 miles as im really unfit :lol:

18. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Note to Merlin
    from his mum

Please, after yesterday's 7-8 mile walk, do not insist on the same again the following day. Human beings are built differently and were not bred to run after sheep all day up & down mountainsides, or swim after them across canals in Belgium.

Would you also be more considerate over the use of the sofa. When we got home last night, you took full possession of it for more than 5 hours. I was thereby forced to spend the equivalent time on the internet as there was nowhere else to sit.

Despite my war-wounds from yesterday's marathon, I still managed to hobble down to the shops to get you some dinner. And my friend took us both out for a good walk this evening. It was both rude and embarrassing when you nicked the ball from those nice young people playing Rounders on the field outside Portchester Castle and ran off with it. I do understand you needed the extra exercise to keep up with what you got yesterday, but there are more acceptable ways of doing this which do not involve total strangers. Yes I know they laughed but it was probably nervous laughter which you - as a dog - may not fully understand. Nobody likes seeing a big dog which superficially *looks* like an "Alsatian" gunning towards them at full pelt. I am making a lot of effort to understand dog language at the moment, so a bit of reciprocal consideration would be appreciated.

You have the right to reply.
    Oh and it's Sunday tomorrow, both me and my neighbours expect a lie-in.

19. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Awww bless!!! I've done a similar walk with Sky and my god she still had energy after :eek:

20. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

And my lad!!! :eek: he freaks me out with his energy!! We were out for a whole day once i mean from 8:30am and didn't get home until about 6pm! No not all walking! :lol:

But we went to the park/beach/commons etc stopping to play/train and so my daughter can play.........and while he got a bit tired actually dooing the things once we got home my daughter went in the garden to play while i cooked tea and STILL he wanted to play :scared: He's nuts!! :lol: :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice