Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oooh!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jun 30, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Remember I posted a thread saying I got emailed by a woman I worked with asking if i would foster a collie x gsd?
    Well... She emailed back saying a relative had come forward, they had been on holiday, and recently lost their collie and they were going to take the dog.
    However, she did mention that there might be a gsd needing fostered! A female, 4yrs old. BUT she also mentioned that there may be a slight chance that the owner may not be able to take the dog back, it would just depend.
    Apparently she belongs to a family who are in the stages of marriage counceling and it's not going too well they have been advised to downsize to help them cope.

I have emailed her back asking lots of questions, ie what age of kids has she been around, and does she or her parents have a hip score.. because if there is a chance thy might not take her back, there is no way I could put her through a rehome again.

So fingers crossed everyone for me please because they are not too far away from me so I really want to do this. Not sure how I will get around my oh but I'll figure that out when I come to it!

Will let you know how I get on! :D

x

2. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

Sounds great. Good luck I hope it all works out for you.:D

3. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Good luck!!!

Hope you get her if that's what you want, gsd's are great dogs, my family and i have always had one.

You will just have to tell the OH that she is there for a foster placement but then in a few weeks when he is smitten say you can't understand why they havn't picked her up!! Do you think he will fall for it or does he know you too well i wonder??

:D;)

4. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

Aw! everything crossed that the dog gets rehomed by you!
    Then the dog can have a brilliant life ahead of him :D

Chloe x

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I think I will have a bit of a problem getting him to agree to it.. But then if i tell him she is just a foster then he might be ok.
    He also loves gsd's so I think he will fall for her quickly too.

The only thing is if they ned her fostered soon, we have Pixie (Dave's sister) and Honey the pom for 9 days a week on thurs.

But- as I have pointed out to my oh many a time, it surely can't be up to him whether I look after someone elses dog or not, becase althought he dogs are his too.. I feed, walk, train, clean up after, shop for and play with our dogs. He occasionally plays with them and rarely comes a walk.

Not sure how Dave, Dixie and a gsd will fit into the car though.. Dixie sits at my feet and dave on the back seat or behind oh so I suppose Dave could sit on the floor behind oh and the gsd on the back seat.. Lol

Here I am going on and I don't even know if I am able to have here here! Lol

x

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Going mad waiting for Su to email me back here! Lol
    I asked her a few questions about the dog, course she was more than happy to answer.
    She is being spayed next week so that's good because Dave isn't done yet!

Argh I keep looking at my inbox every few mins to see if she has replied yet! :D

x

7. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Aw! did she email back yet? Hope you get the gsp, you seem like a really nice, caring person!! :)

8. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

The problem with being someone like me, who is constantly at the pc is that people who are rarely at their pc annoy me! Lol!

Waiting is one of my least favourite things. Especially waiting to hear back about a gsd!!
    She emailed answers to my questions at 6.30am so maybe she at work all day or something.
    I wish she would hurry up and reply! Lol
    Course I will be straight on here with what she's saying next :D

x

9. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I hope you get to foster the dog! I like GSD's my best friend has 2 white gsd puppies, I can't wait till all our pups have had their injections, then they can be friends!

10. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

She is booked in to be spayed in a week and a half, so I have asked if we can get the dogs to meet before she goes in, then it would be a good few days after she is done before she would come.
    Hopefully it all goes ok! Not managed to get a pic yet will post one up as soon as I do! :D

x

11. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

A GSD - how fab, I know it's your dream breed.
    I'm sure if you foster her and then the owners can't take her back your OH would of fallen in love with her as well by then;)

12. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

She didn't email me this morning :(
    I am getting agitated by the waiting! Lol
    Ok I appreciate some people are not attached to there pc 24 hours a day like most of us on here, but when you spend loads of time online, it makes it seem even longer!

Anyway, I sent her another email this evening asking if any decision was being made, though it wont be until after she is spayed on the 13th, I do need time to arrange things and work on my oh!

I also emailed some more info on my area and agility classes where I think if she comes I will take her a)it will help us bond and b)it will keep her mind busy

Hopefully she will email me back tomorrow! And i don't think it will be hard to get round my oh!

x

13. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Oh bummer. Just hit a snag. The gsd had come into heat and the vet agreed to still get her spayed on the 13th as they really cannot cope just now.
    But, the woman who is emailing me for the owners says do I want to go see her.. Its in carlisle so not easy to get to unless my oh drives so I am going to have to ask him and right now he is not in a good mood because of the warm weather and being busy at work.

I might ask my friend if she will take me (the one who owns Dave's sister) to see her.
    I can't really ask my oh about it now as I was going to tell him it was a emergency.

What to do?!

x

14. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Ask your friend :)

What about family/neighbours? Or maybe you could try and meet up half way or something with the owners and the dog?

I hope it works out for you :)

15. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

My oh is being an ar$e and refusing point blank to even foster her.
    I am SO MAD right now its unbelieveable! :mad:
    I have tried everything but he doesn't want another dog right now. I have tried telling him that it's not really got anything to do with him, because I am the one who cares for the dogs, and he complained about having to buy food. Isaid well if its ok for you to waste your wages on expensive fags instead of cheap baccy then it should be ok for me to spend some of my money feeding a dog who needs a home! Didin't work either so I give up.
    I haven't got it in me to argue this week. I know a dog is not supposed to be a substitute for a baby but I really did feel different this month and now I just think I will never get pregnant. I really wanted this gsd but I just haven't got the energy to put my point across until he gives in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice