Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

onset of tremors!!! :(

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by lizlove87, Mar 28, 2014.

1. lizlove87

lizlove87 PetForums Newbie

I just posted a reply in one thread regarding tremors realizing I may get more comments from everyone in my own thread.

This is what I said.

Last night I just noticed my 11 month old female feral cat shaking!! It looked like spasms but I realize they must be tremors. The tremors went thru her entire body. I could not tell their focal point.

Her story is she was born outside from a feral mom and we rescued her and her brother.
    Her brother has always been completely healthy minus the worms and fleas.

Cocomia has always struggled. When she was born she was always throwing up and had diarrhea which eventually went away with the added electrolytes and vitamins to get diet.
    She is the runt of the litter being very small.
    When she was 6 months she got fixed. The doctor thought she was pregnant because her nipples were engorged. They had always been like that tho!
    She ended up opening her sutures and had a second surgery.
    Ever since the surgery, her nipples and tummy area keeps getting fatter and fatter!
    We feed her dry food Wellness Core. None grain formula so it shouldn't be fattening her tummy!
    Tino is slim and healthy with the dry food diet.
    Cocomia does eat random things on the floor, especially strings!!

Do you think her added weight on her small bone structure could cause the tremors???

Side note: they both don't have worms anymore but still have fleas. We give them diatomaceous earth food grade mixed in with their wet food. So this should be killing any toxins in her body.

Help!

2. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Whilst I am a big fan of natural treatments I am yet to be convinced of the efficiency of DE at getting rid of existing flea infestations. I hate using chemical flea treatments so only use them if absolutely needed.....and I think this is one of those cases.
    I would treat the house with a good veterinary approved spray and apply a prescription strength spot-on to both cats.
    I think the tremors are likely to be a reaction to the discomfort of repeated flea bites....and some cats can go on to have very strong reactions to bites such as Flea Allergy Dermatitis or Hyperesthesia which you really want to avoid.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice