UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
............can demand food literally within seconds of throwing up the last lot it ate, and #2 cat Fudge did it twice this morning.

It sounded like she was dying on the landing the first time, but as soon as I dashed upstairs she headed for the empty kibble bowl to let me know she'd eaten the last of them then went straight back to the now full bowl after throwing up the second time.

Cleaning up half digested food wasn't my idea of fun either, but that paled against the *present* a obviously upset tum had made her leave in her personal litter tray in the junk room. The stench took my breath away..........and very nearly took my breakfast away as well when I went to empty it down the loo.

I don't know what she's been eating, but I sincerely hope there's no more knocking about. The only good thing about all this was it didn't happen after I'd had a few drinks the night before.

Ian

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol::lol: Sorry, I had to laugh at that. Thank goodness you didn't have visitors!

I hope that your cats upset tummy passes soon.
Oh I don't know, I don't get many visitors and most of those I do I wish hadn't bothered calling. The sound of Fudge retching like that might just persuade them to cut their visits short :lol:

She's hiding behind a guitar case atm and has just retched again before trotting out to fill her face with more kibbles, so I guess she's feeling a bit better.

Ian

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Ian, I just had to laugh as well.

Hope cat will be okay though

She's fine now, but as she has a habit of sleeping on my chest and facing me at night, I had to sleep with one eye open last night, just in case :eek: :lol:

Ian

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It was Ginger Bobs turn earlier, he somehow managed to bring back more food than even the most gluttonous of Xmas gluttons would have struggled to match, yet within seconds he was telling me he's was hungry :eek: Bad enough it being hard work putting my feet down in the living room while trying not not to stand in a pile of freshly regurgitated food without him weaving between my legs complaining that I was ignoring his now empty belly.

Ian

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It was Ginger Bobs turn earlier, he somehow managed to bring back more food than even the most gluttonous of Xmas gluttons would have struggled to match, yet within seconds he was telling me he's was hungry :eek: Bad enough it being hard work putting my feet down in the living room while trying not not to stand in a pile of freshly regurgitated food without him weaving between my legs complaining that I was ignoring his now empty belly.

Ian
Ah yes, the feel of freshly produced cat vomit squidging between your toes on a morning!! Can't beat it!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Ah yes, the feel of freshly produced cat vomit squidging between your toes on a morning!! Can't beat it!!
Yep! Rosie returned her advent calendar dreamies this morning and I went flying across the floor. I'm not entirely sure how I managed to stay upright!

Ian, sorry to read that your cats are ill and hope they recover quickly. Mine have all had a nasty bug of some sort so I sympathise with the litter tray horrors!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Worryingly, #3 cat, Max threw up this afternoon. He's more a kibble-cat than Ginger Bob who loves wet and raw so it's not down to anything they've eaten, which is borne out by both #'s 1&2 cats, Bola and Fudge being ok. Fudge has a dodgy stomach at the best of times but if Bola had been ill as well it would have been panic time as he has a cast iron stomach.

They're all fine atm, in fact I had to separate Max from a neighbours cat a few minutes ago so he must be feeling ok.

Chiantina said:
Been there a few times, I heard Fudge throwing up a few days ago and half expected to *accidentally* find out where by stepping in it, but I still haven't found the spot. Hopefully she was just retching.

Ian

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your cats certainly keep you on your toes Ian :D
I had a cat that would throw up and then immediately be crying for more food :eek:
On my toes only because I don't like putting the rest of my feet down till I know it's safe to do so, Sharon.

I don't recall Bola ever being sick, I guess he likes his food too much to waste it :lol:

Ian

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
They are so funny, they don´t understand that they might be ill, just that they feel their stomach empty and complain bitterly that their slave isn´t rushing to fill up their bowls. You just have to love them:)

·
PetForums VIP
2,694 Posts
Aww bless. When I have a tummy upset, I sometimes feel like if I fill up, it will go away. :001_unsure: I wonder if cats are the same?

Hope you aren't cleaning too many more puddingy piles up and your kitties are better soon.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If 3 of 3 are up-chucking, is it worth getting them checked?!
If there was a common denominator I would have done already, but they eat different food and #2 cat, Fudge, almost exclusively throws up fur balls and the other two are fine in themselves so I'm hoping it was just coincidence. There's been no repeat episodes of vomiting so that is looking the most likely imo.

Ian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.