Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

online arguments

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jessiegirl, Apr 8, 2011.

1. jessiegirl

jessiegirl PetForums Senior

i know i dont come on here much but has anyone here had a major online row with someone? best not to go into detail what it was about lol

do you find some people irritate you so much!!! you just feel like letting go and give them a bit of your mind?!

ive not on this forum but on another i used ( i say used cos im never going back there)
    a girl who just irritated me alot was slowly just getting to me and the other night she made a comment at me on the public forum and laughed at me , yes it was meant to be a hurtful dig at me and im sorry but i just completly lost it!! said some nasty things and i got a 24 hr ban:blushing:

i know some people say if someone is irritating you they arent worth getting angry at but sometimes you feel so much better for giving them a piece of your mind, no?

its weird cos in real life i wouldnt say boo to a goose.

so do you think its not worth the bother or do you like to give a piece of your mind?

2. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

i dont think ive ever had a row on hear with anyone they all to nice lol and im more one for a nice peaceful friendly fourm as in my live i dont have much friends or peace lol

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

In real life Im not exactly backward at coming forward and although I dont start arguments i also dont walk away from them:eek:, online I could get a ban if I spoke my mind so Im a lot more careful and I tend to just go away till Ive calmed down.

4. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

hell yeah online I have :D but most normal sparring partners get over it as do I :D

5. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

i'm exactly like you, dead dead timid in person but annoy me online or by text and i'll FLIP!

as of yet i've not had an argument on here, but i've had a couple on my phone and on facebook haha

6. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

i have big time.....it was more like a war in fact

7. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

I have had a fair few rows on here :eek: - its often not worth it - but keeping quiet does nothing either does it! & I am ten times worse in person :D

8. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, what do you want to argue for?, Isn't it easier just to switch off or go to another thread?, there's a difference between a bit of friendly banter and a full blown argument, If you really want to argue with someone I think there's Forums especially for that!, some people go out of their way to start arguments and I think it is very immature to rise to the bait. wayne.

9. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

I agree with what your saying, BUT i do think its alot harder to just switch off when something has been purposefully aimed at you.

10. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

yep exactly, so toss the ball back :D

11. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Only once on fb. But I was a little tipsy after a night out and it was by p.m. Saying that I was quite ashamed of myself afterwards because it's not really my thing..But at the time I was very angry where normally I would have just let it go x

12. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Yep i've had a few arguments on here.I believe in saying what i think or believe in.I'm no different in real life and will always argue my point.:)

13. borderer

borderer Guest

ye sure have got banned now i dont get involved:001_smile::001_smile:

14. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Yes i have got into quite a few arguments on here with people as i am not one for keeping my mouth shut and will tell people my opinion even if it does mean not being popular, am like this with everybody not just online. :D

But these days, i am getting on much better with people and hopefully have turned a corner. :D:D

15. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Umm I don't know really. Disagreements if people are being offensive yes, arguments otherwise not really I tend not to bother.

When I was 16-17 on another forum a couple people labelled me as an attention seeker and sent me loads of nasty private messages. It just seemed ridiculous that people in their 30's with children sat there trying to upset me in their spare time. It wasn't a disagreement about a subject just an I don't like you because and you're this and that etc, bit pointless really. To this day one of them is desperate I don't read anything in a private group on Facebook about her its like for god's sake what am I going to do? Its probably because her life hasn't improved in the two years we've not had contact but even so its not like I'd kick someone when they're down like they did.

I think with people under 18 you have to be very careful really and even with people who are say 18 and a few years older who just might have matured more slowly or be struggling and need support and not someone to have a go.

16. Nah Never!:eek: I am too much of a shrinking violet for that!:D:D

17. borderer

borderer Guest

:blink::blink::blink::scared::biggrin:

18. I can assure you!
    I am far too busy falling out with my shadow to engage in arguements with others:eek::eek::eek::eek:

19. blackdiamond

blackdiamond PetForums Senior

Not fell out with anybody online, life is too short.
    However, i have read a lot of fall outs & at the end of the day some people say nasty things because they are hiding behind a screen & doubt very much they would say these nasty things in real life !

XxX

20. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

i would love to be able to have the staying power to have an argument but im the kind of person that cant stay angry for longer than 5 mins lol im just too laid back. I give my opinion and 99% of the time if people argue with it i just think yeah yeah alright go blow a fuse at someone else and move on to somthing else lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice