Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ongoing saga

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Silverpaw, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Silverpaw

Silverpaw PetForums Member

Maci went to the vets last week for his vaccinations.In view of what had been going on with him medically recently,I wanted to make sure that it was safe for him to have them.I'm always a bit concerned about what he has pumped into his system and with a question about his liver,I wanted him checked out.Agreed on bloods being checked,I'd taken a urine sample for checking too.Arranged for another scan to be done at the end of the month,to see if any changes from recent scan.Maci seems well in himself,all looked back to normal.Call from vet next day with his blood /urine results,lots of issues showed up.He'll have another urine sample tested and 2x24 hour periods of measuring fluid intake before scan done,so should have a more complete history.So glad that I didn't just have his jabs done.Hoping it's all 'normal' age related stuff and stuff that can be treated.Meanwhile,he's getting on with life in his usual style,embracing everything that's on offer.Meanwhile,I'm watching him closely,Googling stuff and getting 2+2 to equal about a million!

tabelmabel and lullabydream like this.
  2. Silverpaw

Sorry,meant complete picture not history!

3. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Fingers crossed it's age related stuff

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Hopefully nothing that can't be kept under control. And how great that he is his normal self and enjoying everything!

Lurcherlad likes this.
  5. Silverpaw

Thanks,yes,please keep everything crossed for him.He's amazing,in the way that dogs are,full of enthusiasm for life,nothing like he was when he was poorly recently.Best to know what's going on though,so that anything that needs treating gets the attention it needs.It sounds like a right mix of things to me,liver enzymes slightly raised,weak urine,question over thyroid (additional test being done on blood sample he's already give) etc etc.The skin on his tummy is turning dark too.He seems really well though,it's easy to forget he's getting on a bit in years.Think I'm doing the ageing for both of us and he's staying young!

tabelmabel and lullabydream like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice