UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was one year ago today that I had to send my little tali to the rainbow bridge.

She was the most beautiful Bengal kitten. I had longed for a Bengal for years did my research and found a lovely woman who had a little girl who was just perfect. The breeder was lovely and really helpful with what she was fed on etc so I went out and got all the bits I could lay my hands on.

A couple of hours before I picked her up I got a text saying that tali had been dropped by a neighbors kid and was limping a bit on her back leg. Not a problem I though as she was going to the vets the next day for her jabs so would get her checked then. Got her home and she was very shy and hid in her bed but other than that looked normal. I left her a few hours on her own in the safe room and then I went back to check on her and noticed that maybe her leg was worse that I first thought. She would walk on the whole bottom part of her leg. I got the vets appointment moved to first thing as I was very concerned.

Another thing that I noticed that she was eating fine but wasn't going to the loo at all even with stimulation. Phoned the breeder and she was slightly concerned but not too much. But agreed to cover any vet costs which I thought was very strange.

Too tali to the vets and they wanted to do an X-ray to see what was going on. The results were awful. They reckon that she was sat on by her dad and her whole pelvis was crushed and she would never be able to go toilet on her own and the most humane thing to do was put her to sleep. This was devastating I had only had her a day but falling so in love with her. I then spoke to the breeder who didn't sound very shocked at the news but as agreed she refunded me what tali cost and the vet fees.

To this day I still miss her so much and cannot really decide if the breeder knew more than she let on or she was just too shocked at what had happened. No real point to this post but had to do something for her xxxx

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
That's so very sad :(. I'm so sorry. Poor kitten.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
That's so sad. What should have been a lovely time with a new kitten turned into heartbreak. I can't help being surprised that a breeder let her go with a limp, after just having had an accident. I would have thought that most reputable breeders would have wanted to get the kitten checked out by the vet themselves before they left, but obviously not that one.

RIP little Tali.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.