Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

One week on..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by NicoleW, Mar 28, 2011.

1. NicoleW

NicoleW PetForums VIP

Well we've had Logan for a week now. When he first came with us and from his time in the rescue he was on a headcollar for all his life, he was underweight and he has a slight infection on his neck from rolling in poop. He was bouncing off the walls due to being unexercised, constantly pestering Duke, jumping over all the safety gates, eating everything off the side.

Now.. He'll only jump the safety gate if the front door is open, but as soon as we put him back in he'll stay there. He walks on a semi loose lead (getting there), with duke as well!
    He's been very active in the garden now I've started to sort it out, he's helping lots with the gardening and I mean really helping! Will pull out all the bushes and stuff that I'm trying to, when I'm using the shovel he'll help by digging up all the plants for me. He's not bouncing off the walls all the time, he's putting on weight and enjoying raw meat. He's gone from 18kg to 20kg in a week. He is still chasing the cat but he won't if we're in the room.
    He's not pestering Duke half as much, and is getting a good one hour walk a day, went to the new forest last weekend which he loved.
    His recall is really good, he's more of a person dog than a dog-dog so we don't have the issue of being obsessed with other dogs which is amazing, in turn it's helping Duke. We were out in the park and for the first time THREE people walked past with dogs, and Duke never once went over to them. He saw them but wanted his frisbee more with Logan, I was amazed so much I video'd it!
    Duke is no longer following me around everywhere I go and no longer whines when I go out the door.

His sore on his neck is getting better and he'll even let me touch it. He comes up for a stroke in the evening and if I ignore him he 'talks' to me exactly like what Huskies do! I've spoken to the neighbours previously and warned them of this, and said if they have any problems to let me know and I'll try and keep him quiet. I went round this morning to check how the noise was and our next door said they laugh sometimes when they hear him talking to us. So glad the noise isn't bugging them (yet!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of those are video's so you have to click them :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice