Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

One rule for us

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, May 23, 2020.

1. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Has his sister said anything ? Maybe she wasn't able to do it.

#81 kimthecat, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
  2. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

I can’t help but think this is too late. He’s had time to go through all the media, public and back bench MP comments to create a ‘defence’. All I can say is, it has better be a good one.

*proud to be a sheep of principles*

Calvine, SbanR, rona and 1 other person like this.
  3. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

We were all told in lockdown

If you or a member of a family become ill. To stay at home. Everyone in that household self isolate together, for a minimum of 14 days.
    We didn't see, hear exclusions for children, we all saw it as suck it up as you do as parents when cold, flu type bugs arise. You all pretty much get it, and do the best you can. Plus told most will get mild symptoms.. 80% figure. So cross your fingers.

Oh and told only essential driving.

Cummings, the number 1 government aide to Boris. Wife had symptoms, so drove miles and miles to his second home to isolate. To be near family.. Just in case they both got ill. So they had childcare. Most likely stopping on the way with a 4 year old needing toileting facilities, petrol maybe.

Cummings also managed to have a day out.

So whilst many people have struggled being ill, with said virus, keeping everyone isolated etc, no one was aware of this common sense rule. Am sure most would seek help from family if 2 adults were struggling at the same time, but not the case.

O2.0 and Boxer123 like this.
  4. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Ok, beside anything else, this man is 48, his parents, who he was also putting at risk must be very near 70, the most vulnerable age group

Happy Paws2, kimthecat and Calvine like this.
  5. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Bet you anything you like he won't resign, only repeat same old, same old.

Bring up the autism to justify your action

Calvine likes this.
  6. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

I can almost forgive driving to a more comfortable home to self-isolate, but the additional outings while experiencing symptoms can't be anything other than extreme selfishness and total lack of concern for anyone else. Rather worrying traits in someone in charge of government. Not unusual for someone in government, mind, but worrying nonetheless.

TLDR :p I wanted to experience the outrage without having to do the work to be fully informed!
    Actually I don't really care that much, just saw that this thread is still going and was wondering what the hoopla was all about.

Here in the US, people are happily going to work with symptoms and spreading it around.
    My friend actually tested positive for Covid-19 after her *third* doctor's visit! So she was bee-bopping around with symptoms, being told she didn't have it. She still can't figure out who she got it from as she is asthmatic and has been isolating pretty stringently, going to the store only rarely (once every 2 or 3 weeks) and she works from home.

Calvine and MollySmith like this.
  7. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Hope this point is brought up.
    Also pin him down as to whether he stopped en route, endangering others or drove almost 300 miles without a break, getting tired and risking an accident

margy and rona like this.
  8. rona

So his parents are defending him saying that they were also a grieving family............Hmm. How many others are grieving because of their lack of care.
    My OH was grieving, his mother and sister have been close to breakdowns, in fact his mother may still. They only live 30 miles away but he hasn't even thought of being there until this week. He may go and meet his mother in the park near her home

9. lullabydream

I think the rules on driving was to try and contain the virus to some degree too. Not just to help the NHS. London was the epicentre, at the time and to drive over 200 miles is a big difference. London has large hospitals and several; Durham was probably not so prepared at the time for Covid-19. I know my local hospitals were still preparing having to quadruple ICU care beds. So that's another factor.

I truly get, wanting a family member who you trust care for a child I do. However it seemed to be jumping the gun. Make provisions of course, by all means do. I think this would be common sense.

I had said to my friend who has 2 autistic children, another whose a single parent with 3 children 2 again autistic if the worse was to happen and I am well I will come and care for the children. I was thinking the children's welfare was paramount over lockdown rules. However this *touchwood* hasn't happened.

I will say, my single parent friend couldn't attend her nan's funeral because of lockdown rules on travel. It is not seen as essential and this was told by the funeral directors and as they had been advised only family members who live close by could attend. So this gives another slant on it too!

kimthecat and O2.0 like this.
  10. Arny

Arny PetForums Senior

Not when people were specifically told do not go to your holiday home.

kimthecat likes this.
  11. shadowmare

shadowmare The dog doesn't bite, me on the other hand...

And yet, thousands of families across UK who have one or even more autistic children, were expected to cope under the “stay at home” rules. Some of these families relied on nurseries and primary schools as a respite for parents during the day.

Happy Paws2 and kimthecat like this.
  12. Kaily

Kaily PetForums Member

Must be nice to be as indispensable as Mr Cummings allowing you to do as you like. I have lost all confidence in all of them now. He was morally wrong.

I for one will not stay alert a moment longer... Actually I will, I will be alert to all the lies we are being told.

kimthecat likes this.
  13. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

He's making a statement at 4 pm.
    I dont see how he can stay on..

One point is if he was seen at the castle , are there any photos of him there. ?

lullabydream likes this.
  14. Kaily

Kaily PetForums Member

Unfortunately not.

I am warming up my tv set now. ;)

kimthecat likes this.
  15. rona

Sorry, but just because some arrogant rich boy hasn't played ball and spat in the face of over
    36000 grieving families and NHS staff, doesn't mean you have to follow suit

Lurcherlad likes this.
  16. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

:D I have no popcorn or ice cream ,damn it !

Happy Paws2, Kaily and rona like this.
  17. lullabydream

I don't know I hope so.. Boris was rather fluffy on the details of what he did in Durham except he did isolate.

I don't know how a meeting takes 'hours' to establish facts.

I got from the briefing it was Cummings himself who had medical issues, which Boris said were personal.

I am hoping Boris holds the briefing again, as he really needs to and not let another person take the flack after Cummings statement today.

The media has sourced families who have had Covid-19 saying they were in the same position, no family near by and just had to cope. I bet they could have just randomly phoned any family and got the same story to be honest. Yes many adults still live at home, but there emphasis with schools closing that it would be hard on parents, congratulations for staying in, working from home, home schooling and stopping the NHS getting overwhelmed. Not all shops, and other workplaces which were allowed to stay open could, not just due to social distancing measures but also to some of the initial confusion over who could. Not all were essential workers per se as defined as in manufacturing area. These didn't close originally. Many did due to lack of work force due to school closures being citied as one reason in my area.

kimthecat likes this.
  18. rona

I have an idea how he's going to wriggle out of this, we'll see ;)

19. Dave S

Dave S Cosy Corner Collies

I think this is such a shame.
    Back at the election Boris, on behalf of the Conservative party won an overwhelming victory partly due to the hatred of Corbyn and labours policies.

I would still support the conservative party but still feel the same about Boris as I did way back then - he was the acceptable alternative to Corbyn, he is a blundering fool and insincere in his actions and I do not trust him. I hope in years to come that he is replaced by someone who is a bit more honest in his approach and not led by the "old boys network".

BJ should relieve Cummings of his duties and apologise sincerely to the country for his actions, Cummings should never be back in a position of trust.
    I will still maintain whatever lock down rules that apply as I do not want the virus.

ForestWomble and rona like this.
  20. rona

He's so arrogant he can't even turn up on time :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice