Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

One rule for us

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, May 23, 2020.

1. rottieboys

rottieboys PetForums Senior

Don n't be silly, They stayed well away.

Calvine and kimthecat like this.
  2. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

No idea why you’ve quoted me here. Shapps didn’t mention this.

As close godmother to an autistic child, somewhat baffled. Not seen her since March and both her parents were unwell and they carried on abiding by rules we were all given at the time. However kudos to you for posting.

I hope Cummings releases a statement with truths, it’s the very least we all deserve but especially those who are still trying to find some crumbs of respectability in this.

Calvine, margy and lullabydream like this.
  3. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

yes and the coastguard.

lullabydream likes this.
  4. Dave S

Dave S Cosy Corner Collies

I may have to go an see my brother soon but he is only 125 miles away, not seen him for a few years.
    To make sure I am OK I will take my youngest son on the pretence that it is for urgent child care.

(Did I forget to say my youngest son is 31 years old?)

I really do not see how Cummings can stay in his position much longer as there are now so many MP's on all sides of the house against him and it has reduced Boris's credibility as a leader and as someone who is steering the country out of this virus.

Dom - just go and don't come back - give the job to someone who has a bit of common sense.

Edit 'cos I forgot - have a nice bank holiday everyone.

5. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Am baffled by the autistic comment..

There have been several news articles I have read since lockdown that parents of autistic children, especially those that have challenging behaviour are at their wits end during lockdown. No longer being able to call on family and friends that turn up during lockdown, to help out during a meltdown. Not using emergency services too as additional back up. Trust me they do.

Autism is a spectrum disorder and so we can't speculate how the child is, how his behaviour is. However uprooting a child with autism to a second home, which is no doubt classed as where we see family, have fun. 4 year old at best see in black and white, add that the ASC, what we're the parents thinking. We are going to Durham but we have to stay in the house. Confused.com for the child. If autism is the excuse then it's a poor one. They would be better off staying at home and if the parents got too ill, then the sister should have collected him. It might not have been too hard a punch in the stomach so to say, than go to house connected with fun activities and seeing family. To be able to stay at an aunts.

margy, Boxer123 and rona like this.
  6. rona

rona Still missing my boys

So I am a sheep now? :(

I want Brexit and have been a staunch supporter of Boris, but even I can see that this was just the rich boys snubbing their noses at the plebs. Just disgusting behaviour by both

7. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Tbh at 4 years old the only person I would have left my child with is my sister, especially if OH and I were to be incapacitated, potentially. My OH’s family live much closer to us though.

If my sister had lived 200 miles away I would have driven there to take him.

I wouldn’t have been out and about with OH during that period though.
    Irrespective of the rights and wrongs, who he is, what he said, how he did it, who he works for etc. (I’ll let others judge him on all of that ;)), my child isn’t autistic but I would only have left him with my sister when he was 4 and especially if OH and I were to be incapacitated.

8. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Baaaaa!:D

I Did support BJ as
    A. Anyone other than Corbyn
    B. He looked the best placed to get Brexit done.

But his current actions shows so clearly he doesn't care about us or the good of the country, only his chums

Calvine and rona like this.
  9. Dave S

Dave S Cosy Corner Collies

Courtesy of Facebook…..

bj.jpg

10. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Mmm so him supposed too ill to look after his own child and carrying Corvid19, travels nearly 300 miles to leave his child with his sister which apparently he didn't do?? Why did his sister who was clear of corvid, not do the travelling?

Kittynanna, Happy Paws2 and Calvine like this.
  11. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Good question.

We don’t know the answer, nor all the details/facts so difficult to judge really.

Was he too ill at that time, or only worried he might be soon as his wife was?

I understand why everyone is up in arms about this and it looks awful and reflects very badly on him/govt etc.

Just saying that nobody gets to decide what I do with my son, so long as I’m acting within the law.

It has been implied a child could have just gone to “someone else” nearby. That’s my decision to make, nobody else’s.

Of course, if the son was just used as an excuse to go on a Beano .....

Jamesgoeswalkies likes this.
  12. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

No, we're not tho . . . everyone I know thinks he should get the boot, only about two members of the Conservatives think he behaved properly. Other people have stepped down for doing the same (or similar), and this guy, unbelievably, is the one who was behind the ''Stay Home, Save Lives, Protect The NHS'' slogan. You could not make it up. Incidentally he is not a member of the Conservative party. Or any other party, allegedly. What really gets me is the ''Sod you lot, I've done nothing wrong'' and not even a hint of an apology or credible explanation. His wife wrote in the Spectator but conveniently omitted to mention that they had been 260 miles away during the lockdown. Another hypocrite it seems.

margy, lullabydream and Boxer123 like this.
  13. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Can someone give me the cliff-notes version of what happened in foreigner terms? I'd like to join the outrage :D , but I'm not entirely sure I understand what happened!

margy, SusieRainbow and Lurcherlad like this.
  14. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Agree. It’s also a rumour. If it were true then I’m surprised it wasn’t mentioned earlier and that it was made clear to all parents and guardians at the time the instruction was given by Boris Johnson so everyone was treated equally, not Cummings.

My goddaughter would probably been hugely traumatised by leaving the house. That may not be true of all autistic children, but nevertheless it’s another excuse that doesn’t explain the reason for a supposedly sick man driving allegedly 3 times. It’s hugely insulting to anyone caring for anyone with a hidden disability or who has one.

lullabydream likes this.
  15. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Just read DC is making a statement this afternoon . . . in Japan it would be taken for granted that he would resign out of decency and a sense of ''honour''. Let's see.

#75 Calvine, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
    MollySmith likes this.
  16. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Whose child is autistic?

17. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

#77 MollySmith, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Calvine likes this.
  18. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Cummings, allegedly. It’s not confirmed.

Calvine likes this.
  19. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Thank you @MollySmith: I've read several times that Cummings jr. is eight years old, not four, that's why I asked.

20. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

They have added to the guidance vulnerable people, such as those with autism under guidance and unpaid carers bit, I think to cover help but it's adult based. It seems a bit wishy washy.. Well maybe not. I got bored trying to find what it actually was of relevance to, to be honest.. Was looking for myself as a person waiting to cross i's and t's to be support my friends daughter with autism and challenging behaviour, a lot anxiety based. Who is really struggling currently. Her social worker really wishes I could just go in and support her as I was. However, due to lockdown everything is taking longer.
    I have shared many articles about how people are in the same boat with my friend, and was hoping that some came up in the briefing for someone to respond.

Let's hope whether it's true or not, someone asks about those children with additional needs or adults who parents maybe struggling with that they can get support from those friends, family if needed and are struggling in lockdown if no one is isolating in the households.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice