Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

One rule for us

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, May 23, 2020.

1. rona

rona Still missing my boys

That's it then. Boris has lost all credibility :(

2. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Winner of Covidiot of the Day.... Boris Johnson.

Calvine, Jesthar, margy and 3 others like this.
  3. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

I’m a Boris fan but I cannot believe he’s been so stupid as to stick up for his mate and think we’re all gullible enough to believe it!

These are privileged people; the guy has an important and challenging job (don’t know what his wife does) so do they seriously have no emergency childcare plans in place locally?

Gutted for all the people who’ve made sacrifices, not been able to work and earn because they have no childcare, and not seen their families for ages, who now see this arrogant g*t getting away with it.

margy, rona, Boxer123 and 2 others like this.
  4. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I seem to remember someone during the early briefings making a point of saying that staying at home was not a request but an instruction, have I remembered wrongly, coz there's a big difference between a request and an instruction?

margy likes this.
  5. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Well that was unbelievable, if it had been any of us what would have been said then.

I can't believe that he couldn't find some in London to help if needed. :mad:

rona likes this.
  6. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

I thought Boris practically ran off his podium.

I did think common sense would be if they were both unable to cope with looking after the child then surely sister could collect said child.. But then am guessing with no one really knowing, understanding this rule. Even the police stating they don't understand she would have probably been stopped and told foxtrot Oscar back home.

@Linda Weasel as a government aide am sure he's been listening that most people get mild cases. Yes he may have a condition such as asthma, high blood pressure that might have made him more prone to issues, which Boris hinted at. Though biology does not read books, and if they did some shielding at home as best they could this may have helped.
    As to childcare, have already stated I would have thought they have a nanny or au pair anyway. Plus close friends too who surely would step in to help too. Plus, do you really think anyone connected with No. 10 would have to try desperately to got food slots or online deliveries. Am sure that must be a perk of the job.

margy, Happy Paws2 and Linda Weasel like this.
  7. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Clearly UK Civil Service aren’t joining the dwindling Boris and Dom Bromance fan club... this is genuinely on Twitter. Though for how long who knows.

edit- now gone but not before being noted by most media outlets. I hope they don’t lose their job for being more honest than Cummings

5AD4EDC7-5A57-44E5-9E98-A6EFEF50C97E.jpeg

#47 MollySmith, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
  8. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

It was on the BBC News, they showed it and then said Twitter than closed it down.

9. Bluemoon7

Bluemoon7 PetForums Junior

“When poor votes for rich, it confirms in the mind of the rich, that the working class is stupid and must be controlled”.

The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist

MollySmith and Happy Paws2 like this.
  10. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Am hoping the child involves lifts the lid, by writing all about his adventures of his Durham trip at his education setting.. Children don't often lie.. It really would say a lot about parents to tell a 4 year old to keep quiet. It would be very worrying to do so...

11. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Its been said that his child is autistic , I dont care one way or another whether he stays or goes.
    If he was ill how did he manage to drive all that way?
    The reporters totally surrounded him when he getting in his car this morning , right up close to him . Talk about hypocrites.

lullabydream and rona like this.
  12. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

The Press :eek:

press .jpg

13. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Deleted *drinks tea, finds my brain cell*

kimthecat likes this.
  14. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

JK Rowling has apparently said she'll pay the salary of the person who wrote it if they get the sack. I'm sure a lot of people will pay them too. I think there's a whole mental health story there too - there must be thousands of staff out there, running these accounts and having to post bilge about what to do and not to do, attempt to give clear information from mixed messages high up the line of command and like anyone of us, just reach the limits of their patience.

(I'm really looking forward to PMQs this week. It's been highly revealing so far, this week may demand popcorn.)

margy likes this.
  15. rottieboys

rottieboys PetForums Senior

The 4 year old child is autistic, not every family can cope with a child like that. His sister could....Good for him..

Cully, Lurcherlad and kimthecat like this.
  16. rottieboys

Did they remind Gordon Ramsey. Did the police talk to him...

17. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Nicola Sturgeon usually annoys the #### out of me, but this morning I was Applauding her all the way through her interview on BBC news. Very calm, reasoned and careful not to score political points

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  18. rottieboys

Well done to Boris, He is not listening to all sheeps which wants him sack...His child needed attention...He did what I would of done.

19. rottieboys

I think people see through what is the press is trying to do . Get rid of Cummings... Stop Brexit..

20. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I feel sorry for his neighbours with all the press and by standers shouting abuse , It must be a nightmare for them . i wonder the Police dont move them on or book them for causing a disturbance.

@rottieboys I understand that Boris doesn't want to sack him because he's good at his job ( apart from this incidence) and Boris relies on him .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice