Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

One rule for us

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, May 23, 2020.

1. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I’ve just seen an interview with someone standing up for him saying that it wasn’t law to stay home and he did the most sensible thing. So that massive ‘stay home’ phrase was not in fact guidance :confused:

margy and Calvine like this.
  2. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Seven Tory MPs have called on Cummings to go as they recognise the damage it’s doing (see Twitter) but that isn’t necessarily the point, it’s about risk. If he has been there three times then god knows how many others he has put at risk, who May very well be unwell due to his actions. That’s also in addition to being seen out with his wife in Durham.

this from SNP Kirsty Blackman from PA Media

68788EAC-BD02-4542-A9B7-074875BF091E.jpeg

#22 MollySmith, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Calvine, Happy Paws2 and lullabydream like this.
  3. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

3 times apparently so said witnesses... Grant Shapps on Andrew Marr denies this but hasn’t actually spoken to Cummings...

4. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

And the Bad and Ugly list who are defending him on Twitter... all, I think, have delivered a briefing. I’m wondering what hold he has over them.

4D55A720-7727-470C-BD2C-DE04588DC0B9.jpeg

Calvine likes this.
  5. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Anyway, you have to assume that tomorrow being BH, we can all jump into our cars and go and visit our (presumably very elderly) parents. If BJ's staff can do it, it must be OK. Goodbye lockdown! You could not make this lot up, could you!

lullabydream likes this.
  6. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Also is he that unpopular that if they did both become very unwell they had no friends in London who would help with the little one.

jetsmum and lullabydream like this.
  7. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Slight digression but that’s also what the RNLI are saying about going to the coast, they don’t want people there as it puts them at risk. The less we go out, the less risk we are, which is why the latest guidance from 10th May about longer trips is ridiculous and thoughtless.

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  8. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Even if he does go today (Shapps said on Andrew Marr that he won’t which is dangerous talk) it is very hard to see how the cabinet can get back from this. I thought Boris boasting about handshakes was the lowest.

9. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

I understand some people do have very little people they can call on for help, I really do. However for someone in his position, social economic class I absolutely agree with this statement. I know we shouldn't put things like this down to things like this, socioeconomic but I am looking at said ages of the parents, the work they do. I am sure they have friends that have seen them through times pre parenting per se etc. Been yummy mummies together for want of a better word.
    They aren't the type of people who have had children young, who haven't made strong relationships in life to rely on said people. Who are isolated away from family, due to living in social housing who have just been getting on with it, as that what they have done all the time whenever sickness rules a household.

Regardless of how Cummings felt, he should have listened to the advise that only a minority feel really poorly. His wife may have had symptoms but I feel he wouldn't have made this trip prior to Covid-19 and its a fact having or working with young children you do pick up every little bug going. As we all know they mutate terribly. So I am sure they as a family have all been symptomatic of a bug at one time or other before. It's ludacrus if they are going to use childcare that far away at any opportunity. I would only see that as an extreme emergency childcare situation to be honest. Of course my humble opinion.

10. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I’ve just read his brother in law was in London.

11. Snoringbear

Snoringbear PetForums VIP

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

StormyThai, margy and lullabydream like this.
  12. lullabydream

Yep very much Animal Farm isn't it...

13. lullabydream

Mmmm.. It's all rather odd isn't it

I do wonder if with them both working if there will be mention of an au pair/nanny. Am trying to avoid the media but it wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

14. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

Boris has to make a stand on this one and either fire Cummings or let him resign and disappear from public life for a while at least. If he doesn't then people will loose confidence in the government . This is not the time for him to play favourites, not in the middle of a pandemic that has killed thousands of people in this country alone. We need strong leadership to get us through this, not one who moves the goalposts to suit his friends.

15. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

I wonder if they'll pull a Peter Mandelson; or was it Alistair Campbell?

lullabydream likes this.
  16. lullabydream

Let's see what Boris says at 5 pm. Following his meeting with Cummings.

17. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

I see Johnson is leading the daily briefing today, I think that is the sensible thing to do as the decision to sack Cummings or not rests entirely with him, he should be the one fielding questions from the media. No doubt he will come out with his usual bluster and guff and hope everyone just thinks `ahhhh bless bumbling Boris!`

18. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I thought this was petty at the time, but Nick Grey from Gtech had made a usable ventilator some days before James Dyson, but who got the contract?

19. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

20. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Deleted,,, what I was going to say about BJ on at 5pm has already be post :oops:

#40 Happy Paws2, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    lullabydream likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice