Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

One rule for us

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, May 23, 2020.

1. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

The Chancellor of the Exchequer has said, they aren't going to look into it, the fines will still stand.

Calvine likes this.
  2. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

But I guess DC wasn't fined? ;) Sure Matt Hancock was quoted yesterday as saying that all fines would be reviewed. They really don't know their arses from their elbows, do they!:Hilarious

#202 Calvine, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Happy Paws2 and lullabydream like this.
  3. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I have thought for a long time about the way this country has been going, divide and conquer come to mind.
    Now i agree that what Cummings did was wrong and the amount of people that are up in arms about it, ( rightly so).
    But nothing is being said about the plane loads of people coming into the country every day. :confused:
    And i hate that every day folk are so quick to jump on people for going to the beach, ect. Now take into account that they say the test for this virus isn't reliable, then can someone PLEASE explain to me, how so many deaths are being put down to the virus?
    My attitude is fast becoming, i'll do and think my way.

kimthecat likes this.
  4. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

I do think as I said before Boris likes to throw Matt Hancock under a bus at times. He likes to make him look a complete idiot compared to others.
    He's had him answering questions before where he the only answers he could give wouldn't be enough.

Calvine and rona like this.
  5. lullabydream

Bit of lightheartedness..
    A few kicking round YouTube

kimthecat, Kaily and SbanR like this.
  6. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

At the update I thought Matt Hancock said he'd take it back for discussion?

Calvine likes this.
  7. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Dashes off to check out utube!:D

lullabydream likes this.
  8. lullabydream

@SbanR this might be one of my favourites, short sweet with Paddy McGuinness in. Don't watch if easily offended by swearing though

Kaily and SbanR like this.
  9. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Prefer the Durham Dash:D

lullabydream likes this.
  10. lullabydream

What about this one.. Not a song @SbanR but YouTube just keeps on giving, I must stop sharing

Might only fit my humour

SusieRainbow likes this.
  11. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

The best so far:D
    NO, NO, NOOOOO! You can't be that selfish and keep it all to yourself, or has Dom Cum turned you????:Woot

lullabydream likes this.
  12. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

Plenty has been said about that, and it is another major failing of the government plan. This escapade has garnered more attention, though, as Cummings is being excused what anyone else would have been fined for. And his story has more holes in it that Swiss cheese.

Not everyone going to the beach etc. The muppets who travel halfway across the country despite appeals by their destinations not to, block roads when they get there (because nothing, including car parks, is open), and fail to social distance at a time when a highly contagious virus is doing the rounds.

NO test is 100% reliable, and this is a new virus we're still learning to test for (this is why everone is asked to behave as if they DO have the virus when out in public). But if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, usually it's going to be a duck.

Mine too. That's why I'm pretending I live in Scotland or Wales, not England, and behaving accordingly. Better safe than sorry :)

13. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Having gone from anger to disgust and disappointment about this whole episode, for the first time in my life, I've written to my MP.

margy, Elles, Happy Paws2 and 2 others like this.
  14. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

You’ve inspired me to do the same. I’m thoroughly p*ssed off that we are being encouraged to move on and possibly no enquiry. Not good enough.

margy, Elles, rona and 2 others like this.
  15. lullabydream

So after the liason committee meeting where Boris doesn't get the questioning on Cummings.. Yes I get moving on but even he cannot see late March Bank Holiday weekend, the majority of the UK stayed in. We listened.. His aide didn't. Give a pathetic excuse... So whose manning the briefing..
    Hancock! What a bloody surprise, Boris squirms so throw Hancock under the bus yet again. I bet he despises his job.

jetsmum and rona like this.
  16. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

I agree about the quarantine, I was more alarmed by that than Cummings and Johnson. Way back in early March, I had a friend due to fly over from Australia and he was offered full refund from airline and we talked about the Australian 14 day quarantine (I also remember Adam Hills talking about it on The Last Leg) and in our chat we kind of concluded that it wasn’t worth the trip as he’d be quarantined here too. I had no idea until 10 May update that the UK wasn’t doing this and I find it astonishing and as alarming as the actions of Cummings. My friend has a very low option of his government due to the bush fires and other issues but when one compares how other island nations - Greek islands, NZ - have tackled this - the often touted excuse that we have more people becomes very flimsy. We were far from the first country to get this but by far the weakest at learning from others failings and successes.

As for beaches, friends in North Cornwall have seen a big rise in day trippers, he’s been verbally abused for not having his business (camper van hire) open. Local shops have taken to asking for proof of residency to stop people placing a strain on local services during the lockdown. I think we can be too judgemental but when folk don’t obey social distancing and forget that the beach isn’t essential (depending on interpretation of the latest missive from Westminster) it does place a strain. RNLI and coastguards don’t have PPE - my friend is also a RNLI volunteer - so visitors are at risk and the services around them and I understand that there aren’t any lifeguards again due to PPE.

As for volume of deaths, I have seen many posts on Twitter (Andrew Male, music writer who lost his wife just after Easter is one) where people are saying their loved one was isolated and taken into hospital showing all signs of Covid-19 but it wasn’t given as the cause of death and they are extremely, and understandably, upset. I wonder more have died from it than we think due to lack of testing from the outset.

JANICE199 likes this.
  17. Pawscrossed

Pawscrossed PetForums Senior

rona likes this.
  18. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

I didn't actually hear him say it, but he was quoted on the new as saying that the fines would be ''reviewed'' and it was sort of implied that anyone who had been fined for doing exactly the same as DC would get a reprieve. If the fines have not yet been paid (were they ''spot fines''?) I imagine there will be quite a few people appealing against them; unless DC receives a fine, which he won't.

SbanR likes this.
  19. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

He said he would take the question back and the treasury would look at it.

He didn't specifically state that refunds would be given that I can recall.

This is a strange one. There are people adamant that the government are over egging the figures (ie classing everything as Covid when the underlying problems it what actually caused the death), so that they can control us.

Then people like yourself who think the figures might be higher than are being reported.

Both these things can't be true....

Lurcherlad likes this.
  20. lullabydream

The death rate is definitely higher than normal or was. You only have to look at national statistics for that. Although, national statistics do also show what was the most common cause of death too, when all the data is in.

I know there has been a delay in all daily figures not just weekends from the off as people are waiting for test results. Though on the whole most people know if they are Covid-19 positive if in hospital because they are often there a long time if extremely ill.

I would say we can never back track data and there will be deaths at home, care homes that they may never know unless an autopsy is done and samples were taken early on.

Due to lack of testing, mild symptoms and being asymptomatic I don't think we will never know how many people actually have had Covid-19

Happy Paws2 and MilleD like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice