Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

One rule for us

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, May 23, 2020.

1. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

Are you watching the briefing? Matt Hancock's response to Robert Peston was priceless!

On Cummings - that article is saying that he said he predicted an issue with coronaviruses last year? But actually edited the blog post in question on 14th April 2020 (when he got back to London) to add the reference to Coronavirus in?? He needs to resign. Or at the least Boris should suspend him, at least that would stop most of this current furore so that they can concentrate on actual important things.

lullabydream and Boxer123 like this.
  2. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Just watched @MilleD shame he cut him off I wanted to know if his childcare was aged 17-20 so in the low risk category as that was the reasoning behind going up there...

I wonder how many are going to claim they were going to travel for childcare now..

It's all becoming a farce..

Cummings, Boris, Hancock quick to say he didn't do anything illegal. However not much of these guidelines are legal are they.. But really it's all based on our morality...

cheekyscrip likes this.
  3. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

I think he was just sick to the back teeth of question after question about the same thing. I don't blame him to be honest. Besides, Peston is an @rse :)

I think everyone needs to just let it go now, it's happened, it's done, it could have been dealt with better, but it's detracting from the important issues at hand.

I doubt any fines will be refunded to be honest.

I felt a bit sorry for Hancock - like you said, under a bus!

Lurcherlad and lullabydream like this.
  4. Snoringbear

Snoringbear PetForums VIP

I very much doubt anyone who has struggled with similar issues to Cummings and done the right thing, or worse still been unable to be with loved ones who have died, will ever forget this.

margy and lullabydream like this.
  5. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

Very true.
    Not even those fined for the very same or if lucky sent back home.

BoJo always was brazen and cared little for law, no great surprise here...

margy and Happy Paws2 like this.
  6. Snoringbear

Just seen in the news that the govt will be looking at reversing fines/convictions given out for people doing the same as Cummings.

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  7. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I don't think BJ will ever be totally be forgiven for backing Cummings for doing what he did.

#188 Happy Paws2, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Calvine likes this.
  8. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

I think Cummings is the Power behind the Loudspeaker.

lullabydream likes this.
  9. Snoringbear

Can’t see Johnson sacking him. It’s like Emu sacking Rod Hull.

10. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Brilliant comparison:D

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  11. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Thought this was rather amusing

image.jpg

12. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Agree, it is very hard to move on or forget.

Much as we have to accept we should move on, it’s instilled - in me- a reluctant sense of distrust. I know I’m no fan of this lot but I hoped, back in March, that I might trust them and I gave them benefit of the doubt, I’ve even said recently that it would be hard for any party but... all empathy has gone for not just Cummings but the cabinet. Desperate Tories are now trying to hang out SNP’s Ian Blackford who chose to self isolate in Skye but the circumstances are entirely different as he didn’t have any symptoms and didn’t take his wife. So it’s now dissolved into political point scoring when it’s just not. We all deserve a hell of a lot better regardless of political persuasions.

Somehow we are meant to trust that in 1st June - next week - this government are to be trusted about schools and on 15th that retail staff are to work. That’s a big deal in troubling times.

lullabydream likes this.
  13. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

This whole mess is all about trust. We are asked and expected to put our trust in the government and the guidelines/ instructions they give us. The vast majority of us have done so and as a result , we are starting to win over this terrible virus that has almost destroyed our way of life. As a country we have made many sacrifices in so many different ways, all in it together. Except for DC who seems to be above us all and interprets the rules as he sees fit. Of course some people are loosing their trust in the government and seeing it as one rule for them and a different one for us.

As for taking a drive to test his eyesight, that's one of the most stupid things I've heard for a long time. It strikes me as something he thought up on the spur of the moment with out thinking what he was saying.

Happy Paws2 and lullabydream like this.
  14. lullabydream

I thought this was quite amusing, and true.
    Don't watch if easily offended

Then another article focusing on more a different specific of the rules..
    https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/...cummings-lockdown-lincolnshire-durham-4165475
    If you don't want to read, a Reverend is stating that firstly his wife should have stayed at home.. Cummings and child should have gone. Cummings no symptom where the guidance if you have symptoms stay at home..
    He's also states all people urged to go no where during Easter weekend. People didn't due to policing etc. An hours drive in totap.. Why oh why!

JANICE199, margy, Lurcherlad and 2 others like this.
  15. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Jesthar likes this.
  16. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

I know, it's in the same league as 'my goldfish ate my homework, honest, miss!' isn't it? :rolleyes: The whole thing reads like an episode of Blackadder - except even Baldrick could have come up with a more cunning plan!

To be honest, I'm starting to wonder exactly what leverage Cummings has over BoJo and co. that makes him such a Teflon Dom...

lullabydream and Lurcherlad like this.
  17. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I was wondering what hold he has on BJ as well, anyone else would have resigned or been sacked by now.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  18. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

They are now having to review all the fines (however many that was) given to people who just did exactly what DC did. And still he refuses to admit he did anything wrong. The word ''shameless'' comes to my mind. Devious and irresponsible.

Happy Paws2 and lullabydream like this.
  19. lullabydream

I have read so much, don't know if it's a link on here or not,
    But a lawyer spoke out says it's mitigation tactic.. The example used was if a thief broke in to a house a used the defense I did it to help feed my children it wouldn't cut it per se. They don't just go OK then we understand you can do that for your family

Calvine likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice