Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

One rule for us

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, May 23, 2020.

1. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

2. CollieSlave

CollieSlave PetForums Member

And, surprise, surprise, Number 10 (i.e. Boris) has deemed Cumming's trip "essential"! And I worry about driving a couple of miles to give the dog a walk, and accept that I have not been able to see my daughters and grandchildren for months!
    Ah, well, They seem to be able to ignore any regulations if they wish.

cheekyscrip likes this.
  3. Dave S

Dave S Cosy Corner Collies

But it was quite legal apparently as it was the nearest baby sitter.
    Don't know why Carrie could not have done the job.

I don't like or trust Cummings, I think he is evil behind the scenes and is only out to get his own way.

Calvine, cheekyscrip and Happy Paws2 like this.
  4. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Always different rules for politicians or celebrities :rolleyes:

5. Happy Paws2

Nor me.. I think he is the power behind the throne, what he says BJ does.

edited.. :oops: I missed a word out

#5 Happy Paws2, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    cheekyscrip likes this.
  6. shadowmare

shadowmare The dog doesn't bite, me on the other hand...

When this happened in Scotland torries demanded resignations. Now apparently it’s not a crime to “care for your child and wife” :rolleyes:

Calvine and cheekyscrip like this.
  7. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

How the hell do other families manage week in week out when they don't have the luxury on calling on family for childcare, if they are unwell.. Simply because family lives too far away. Then everyone gets a dreaded bug and feel terrible such as the winter vomiting one. It's awful but you manage...

I would say I could understand this if anyone of them was hospitalised but no I can't actually as no visitors allowed. So you soldier on, like most people do, are following the blooming rules as they were laid out.

I would say the children are no way vulnerable either. It makes a mockery of those that really are. As that's what they are saying to get him off the hook.

jetsmum, Calvine, margy and 2 others like this.
  8. Kaily

Kaily PetForums Member

I think it is absolutely disgusting and he should without doubt be fired (or shot at dawn).

Calvine, Happy Paws2 and lullabydream like this.
  9. Happy Paws2

Anyone listening to todays briefing with the Minster trying to justify what Cummings has done.

#9 Happy Paws2, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    lullabydream likes this.
  10. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I've never seen a minister so uncomfortable during these briefings. The press just wouldn't drop their line of questioning and he was squirming to keep answering. I don't think he believed what he was saying. Cummings should resign for flouting the rules, if he doesn't then Boris should fire him, but of course he won't.

Calvine and margy like this.
  11. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

I couldn't be bothered but I watching the news bit online after and interviewing people I don't get the reasoning.

Social workers, and other support agencies are not going in to people's houses in my area unless it's absolutely crucial. All via phone calls, and video calls and they have very vulnerable children. Am not talking about at risk children, but parents who need support due to children's additional needs which they can't have. These children are vulnerable and classed as vulnerable by the government now. However they can't actually get the help they desperately need due to their guide lines.

12. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

264 miles from London to Durham. Did he manage that without taking a break or is he really a robot.

This was queried by Mirror and Guardian on 5 April and Downing Street failed to answer, the Spectator magazine won’t reply to further questions about the interview with Cummings on his coronavirus experience. It’s not a minor mistake, it’s not caring, it’s putting people at risk and frankly terrifying that these people are meant to be in charge. We need trust, clarity and to lead by example.

If there is some sort of sensible reason (though I cannot fathom what) then all ears because it’s not always clear but it’s the fudging, avoidance and excuses I find abhorrent and disgusting. Be truthful and admitting an error of judgement is better, more adult. It may gain a little respect.

Calvine likes this.
  13. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

And... as my husband wryly said... this is only what we know about. What other life-risking ventures have the government taken? I keep going back to this video which is still relevant because the way this virus spreads hasn’t changed - and remind myself that we are all capable of spreading this. At the time he went to Durham, he thought he has it, his wife, Hancock and Boris too. He is the jelly baby.

jetsmum likes this.
  14. Kaily

Kaily PetForums Member

Imagine if he had been involved in an accident or breakdown, all the innocent people he could of infected. I am fuming that they are using childcare as a reason when they lead such privileged lives and help would of been available to them locally unlike a lot of other people.

There has been so many heartbreaking stories of dire situations people have had to endure all alone because of social distancing and he just does as he likes.

His head should be on a block outside the Tower of London. :mad:

jetsmum, Calvine and Happy Paws2 like this.
  15. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

16. shadowmare

shadowmare The dog doesn't bite, me on the other hand...

I love the implication that this is what any loving and caring family does... whilst all the other, all the simple mortal families who stayed at home caring for their children must simply not love them enough.

2AE8D3B9-65CD-472C-8A68-89EC2A7A081D.jpeg

17. Happy Paws2

That's what the government said right at the start, Don't go out in your cars as you never know if your car is going to breakdown.

18. margy

margy PetForums VIP

Iv'e made the journey from London to Northumberland by car and he must have stopped to use a toilet. You couldn't drive all that way and not.

Happy Paws2, jetsmum and Calvine like this.
  19. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

He looks like Mr Weasel.

20. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

And to even contemplate driving that distance, you really can't be feeling like Death warmed up exactly.

jetsmum, margy and lullabydream like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice