Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

One-off blood in stool

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by JessandJackson_x, Jan 11, 2019 at 5:24 PM.

1. JessandJackson_x

JessandJackson_x PetForums Junior

My dog walker noticed some blood in Jackson's poop yesterday - today none but just runny.

I was racking my brains as to what it could have been as he's been dealing with his RAW (made by me for now) diet pretty good. I introduced raw pork the other day and I seriously thought they could stomach it the same as other meats... I guess not... and that the parasite that effects us can too affect them???

Should I be concerned or just keep a watchful wait?

2. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

A little bit of blood as a one off is not unusual. Sounds as though it could be the pork (not sure why it would be a parasite though). I would cut out the pork and see if everything goes back to normal.

3. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums Member

My dogs eat pork with no problems,but not every dog suits every type of meat,as Blitz has said I would cut out the pork for now,by the way is Jackson getting enough bone if not this could be why his stools are loose:)

4. JessandJackson_x

JessandJackson_x PetForums Junior

I went to the farm today and picked up all his complete raw meals. Fed him one tonight he loved it.

Prior to the farm he had loose stool with a tiny bit more blood in it again. He was perky and eager to please at the shop though. Lady at shop said could yes either be the pork or the chicken wings I’d been giving him - where he’s gulped it down not smashed the bones and it’s torn further down the intestine.

I gave him some rabbit ear Hyde to eat when we got home. So he was chewing that for a good two hours.

Since being home he’s had three small bowls of water. More than usual. Been more lethargic and lazy than usual and he’s slept 3 until now and even now as I’m typing in the bath he’s laying asleep on the floor.

What breathing motions are normal I am watching thechest rose and fall and he’s done 16 of those in 15 seconds? Am I just being paranoid or could it be something serious or, that porks just made him feel how we would- under the weather and dehydrated.

5. Buddydad

Buddydad PetForums Newbie

If it is fresh blood it's probably from the end of his passage and not as worrying as dark blood from further up. Sounds like he's been straining quite a bit and torn something. Chicken wings with skin would be quite fatty - I presume your not feeding him chicken bones. Or maybe the pork had too much fat ?
    Perhaps it would be a good idea to put him on cooked chicken and potato until this clears up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice