UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a walk this morning with bobbie, and it was absolutely beautiful, if i didn't have a dog i would miss all this, it makes up for all the wet days, but even then theres something about walking in the rain, plus actually stopping to talk to people and other dog owners, cos i'm not in a hurry.:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Dont think Ive ever seen a proper picture of Bobbie, he is a lovely looking dog. I dont do walking in the sun (or anything in the sun tbh) but I agree that I love rainy walks.

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont think Ive ever seen a proper picture of Bobbie, he is a lovely looking dog. I dont do walking in the sun (or anything in the sun tbh) but I agree that I love rainy walks.
The good thing about this walk is there is alot of shade along hedgerows and the old rail track has streams either side and tree cover. I wouldn't take him if there was no chance of keeping him cool:D

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Looks lovely. You do meet some great people on walks although have met a good few nutter too!! Sometimes having alot of dogs is a good thing because it encourages those who are interested into coming over and asking about them (then I bore them to death about rescue dogs and how fab they are!!) or else discourages those nutters cos they are scared of the mutts!!:lol:

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Ah, now you're making me feel crappy, coz I thought about taking my camera out this morning, but couldnt be bothered to go back upstairs to get it. :rolleyes:

But I'm with you, days like today more than make up for having a dog in the crappy weather. Since I've been "working" from home (although am now having to go into the office and am off there in a min) I've spoken to more people since Jan 09 than I did for the previous three years. :scared: and without the boys would have missed a lot of the sights/smells/sounds that I had forgotten about. I'm even picking up things to put into meals.
Blackberries
Wild Raspberries
Sloe berries (for the gin)
Hazelnuts
Wild Garlic
Sweet chestnuts
Saved myself a fortune especially on the garlic. :thumbup:

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
The good thing about this walk is there is alot of shade along hedgerows and the old rail track has streams either side and tree cover. I wouldn't take him if there was no chance of keeping him cool:D
Noo I just re-read my post I wasnt suggesting that you were putting him in danger (although my post does read like that:eek:) I just hate the sunshine for lots of reasons, I didnt think you would put Bobbie at any risk. Thats why I love winter, bring on the snow:thumbup:.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I went for a walk this morning with bobbie, and it was absolutely beautiful, if i didn't have a dog i would miss all this, it makes up for all the wet days, but even then theres something about walking in the rain, plus actually stopping to talk to people and other dog owners, cos i'm not in a hurry.:thumbup:
I love this too.... And like yourself i'm lucky enough to be living in a beautiful part of the world :) gorgeous pics btw...

And it never fails to make me smile about how much of an ice breaker a dog can be! everytime me and Max take a rest we always get someone talking to us, just because of Max... When Max isn't with me people don't give a second glance lol

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
It's lovely having dogs - I can't think what I did befoe them.
Walking 14+ hours a week definately helps to explore the local area and meet lots of people and dogs or even avoid them when you want to :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,250 Posts
Lovely area you live in, plus very cute scruffy dog!
Im quite jealous. I have to walk for at least 20mins to even get to a tiny park.:( Im always day dreaming of moving to the country.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lovely area you live in, plus very cute scruffy dog!
Im quite jealous. I have to walk for at least 20mins to even get to a tiny park.:( Im always day dreaming of moving to the country.:rolleyes:
Well those fields in the first photo's are going to be built on soon:mad: and the abandoned railway is supposed to be reopening by 2012, as it is the old varsity line from oxford to cambridge:eek:

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I work nights in a garage and see the lovely sunrises every morning :)
My mrs sleeps commando, so i get to see a harvest moon most nights:lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.