Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

One Month

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Staysee, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

It has been one month [and a day] since the handsome young JJ came into our life.

Who knew i'd be typing this XD haha

They say cats choose you and not you choose them, well it happened by chance that i had posted asking about getting a play mate for jenson after loosing his brother in july and then when talking to my neighbour she had seen an ad for a cat for sale, a Ragdoll and i guess you could say it was meant to be.

JJ was meant to come to us as his advert was mentioned to us when we were thinking of getting a new cat.

So the first few weeks wernt so great, as you all know but things have eased and he really is part of the family now.

He still does prefer females, bit a cassanova when it comes to the women, even our neighbour he loves and doesnt run from when she pops in. I like to call him a man whore XD haha

Him and Jenson have become real good friends now and play alot, its so cute seeing them play together and running about like things posessed. JJ has little eccentric moments when he plays alone, like he stays on his back legs but bounces on his front legs and then whizzes off.

He's not overly affectionate but picking him up has gotten easier, he meows for food more now, but he's the least vocal of the four.

He has put on a pound in weight in the month he's been with us so thinking he may shape up to be a large ragdoll if this carries on!

His birthday is in 5 days when he will be a year old, he will get special stuff for that, not sure what yet but it will involve food and hugs and kisses! haha

We're so happy that we're gonna share his first birthday and his first christmas, well ok his breeder got that but you get me right? haha

He ghosts around and enjoys batting at our ankles when we walk by him if he's laid down. He looooooves to have a real good stretch and scratch on the scratching pole and oves to follow around whoever is moving or doing something interesting!

So glad we kept on with him, sure we may of made a decision too fast, but you had to be here to see how bad he was and how it was affecting Jenson, but it calmed down in the space of a few short days and now all are ok, altho he does still push a little too much with jack sometimes! haha

But yeah, thanks to all who helped a month ago with advice, myself and JJ thank you muchly!

2. smiler84

smiler84 PetForums VIP

i'm glad you decided to give him another chance :)

3. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

one month??? Really :eek: Where did that time go :confused: I am so glad that JJ is now happy with you and that you decided to give him a second chance :thumbsup:

4. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Wonderful news!! I hope Jenson and Jack continue to improve with JJ :)

Gracie has just decided she wants another little wander around the house - so she's having one now!! The others are still on their beds :thumbsup:

5. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

time flies by, glad you gave JJ a chance, introducing does take time, stress and dedication but they get there in the end.:)

6. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

Yeah one month, its shocking how fast time goes!

7. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

Bless Gracie, im so so glad she went to you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice