Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Omg!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by munchbunch, Aug 2, 2009.

1. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

I've got to go to the hospital for a gruesome test tomorrow & have got two sachets to make liquid bombs I've got to take today :eek: I had one at 9am, am still "feeling" the results now & have to take the other at 5pm if I can stay away from the throne long enough to make it :blushing: Am only allowed water or lucozade from 8am this morning until after lunchtime tomorrow & Sunday is always my day for the munchies :( Oops - gotta go :eek:hmy:

Luvdogs likes this.
  2. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

I have had a few of those tests or similar :rolleyes: good luck,the stuff they give you to take is lethal :D

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Poor you sounds nasty.
    Hope all goes well at the hospital for you.

4. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Will be thinking of you, Good Luck.

5. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

I had the tests done not long ago. The medication was nothing compared to the test. The 'sedation' didn't work and they had to hold me down because I was trying to scream with the pain. They just managed to do my top half but they had to stop the bottom half. Never ever again unless I get a GA! But that's the NHS for you.. In such a rush they don't give anything time to work. Good luck!

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oooh I feel your pain. I was on laxatives yesterday and the day before :(

7. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Thanks all. I had the second bomb drink at 5pm - its omg omg now :eek: As soon as I get back to bed I'm out of it again & not feeling too clever. :eek: Cheeko, you're not making me feel much better, lol! I've only got "one half" to contend with - not looking forward to it at all. I think it's suposed to be a bit better than the camera down the throat that makes you gag, but I'm not banking on it. It would be a male doctor too :blushing: Roll on tomorrow night & it'll be all over :rolleyes:

8. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Awww poor you. Good luck tomorrow

Ellie x

9. Crocky

Crocky PetForums Junior

I had to do similar tests some months ago; I thought the preparation was much worse than the test itself.
    Hope you feel the same way when it's over...
    Good luck anyway! :thumbup:

10. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Maybe they'll let you get the sedation before you go in. With me it was in the room, injected, camera down, called nurses in to hold me down, put more sedation in and gave me strong painkillers, turned me around and done the other end. Then I blanked out. If they'd waited 15 mins like the instructions say for sedation it would have been fine. Complained the to Dr when I went back for my results and I was basically told it was my fault for it not working because I was nervous. Also told I got given too much sedation so that's why I was blanked out longer than normal! :eek: Most people don't have any problems though so hopefully it'll all go ok :D

11. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

thinking of you and hope all goes well at hospital tomorrow.

12. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

sounds gruesome, good luck anyways!

13. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Thanks - that makes me feel a bit better, 'cos I feel c**p now! :rolleyes:

:eek: You sound like you had a terrible experience. My friend had the camera down without sedation & kept pulling it out it was that bad, my brother in law had the same thing - he's not one to admit to anything being bad, but even he said never again unless they put him out. Mine's the other end without sounding too gross :blushing: but not a camera. The way I feel at the moment after the bombs, if anyone went near me I'd jump through the roof :( There's been no mention of any sedation :eek:hmy: Roll on tomorrow night when it's all done & dusted. The indignities we go through :frown2:

14. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

bless ya, i know your pain, one to clean....one to polish!

its nasty stuff, all i was aloud to eat for 3 days before was boiled chicken and mash....then the day before i wasnt aloud anything at all but water, i was soooooo hungry.

15. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

Hope it all goes well for you tomorrow :) At least you only had two sachets one of my elderly patients misunderstood the instructions took double the amount and was almost the first woman to land on the moon :D

16. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

I'll admit I have no idea what it is for but really feel for you :(
    I hope it is over before you know it and you wonder what you were worrying about.

17. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

OMG :eek: can't even bare to think about it - I'm done for on the two!! :eek:hmy:

thanks & believe me, you're better not knowing, lol :blushing:

18. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

I'll take your word for it ;) Although nothing fazes me anyway. Once you've had a baby and pooped in the process, then been stitched up and shown to numerous nurses, not much bothers ya! :rolleyes: Lol
    Anyway, rest up ready for tomorrow and although easier said than done try not to worry too much. Hope you're feeling better after your bombs.

19. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

:eek: LOL!!! Thanks for makin' me laugh! As for the bombs it's them that's causing my immediate problems, lol!! :blushing: However horrible it is tomorrow, it'll be over & done with by mid afternoon. I'm amazed I'm actually not hungry considering I've not eaten anything since 7am & can't until after my tests at lunchtime tomorrow. Having said that, being stuck to the bathroom all day doesn't actually do much for your appetite!! :eek: Thanks for your post :D

20. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hope all goes well at the Hospital tomorrow (later today actually).....Im sure all will be fine. Try not to worry. I'll be thinking of you. Look on the bright side....when you come out you can stuff ya face...lol...xxxx ;) :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice