Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Omg !!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by noushka05, Jul 7, 2009.

1. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

2 of my dogs caught a squirrel this morning:( my OH got them to drop it!! it really upset us, it looked in shock just layed there, we couldnt take it with us because we had 3 huskies & 2 bikes so he pulled up some grass up to give it something soft to lay on & he picked it up everso gently & it bit him!:eek: it was hung on his finger:eek:

It was pouring with blood, its really deep & when he phoned the doctors they said they couldnt fit him in for a tetanus hes got to go to A&E! but he wont!

i hope the squirrel was just in shock, there wasnt a mark on it:(

2. hutch6

hutch6 PetForums VIP

OH dear.

Hope your OH is ok and that the squirrel was grey.

Sorry to be a bit callous about the squirrel but I am not a fan of the greys at all.

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Its usually crush injuries, rather than puncture wounds that kill small furries.

Id have bonked it on the head, but then not everyone can do this.

I hope your other half is ok. Ive been bitten by a squirrel before, and still have a nice scar to show for it, 10 years later.

Make sure he washes the wound thoroughly, and apply antiseptic cream if you have some. Im not sure what, if anything, you can catch from squidges.

noushka05 likes this.
  4. Good chance you O/H will get an infected finger Noush! If he down right refuses to got to hosp at least make sure it is well cleaned!
    Maybe his tetanus is up to date anyway!!! is it not every 10 years?
    lol
    DT

5. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

OMW!!!!!! :eek:hmy:

Hope oh sees sense and gets himself a tetanus ;)

Poor squirrel too :( Dylan had a frog yesterday but we managed to save it :)

6. rona

rona Guest

Most squirrel bites don't cause too much of a problem, but he's a silly lad if he doesn't do anything about it
    I with Nonnie on the squirrels fate, better to despatch them than to leave with possible injuries

7. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Oh dear :(

The squirrel will probably be fine, could you go back later to check if it's still there?

Tell your OH to stop being a big baby and go to hospital LOL :001_tt2: he should be okay if it's been cleaned he's up to date on his tetanus :)

dogs don't half get us in trouble sometimes, don't they LOL

8. noushka05

ye it was a grey Hutch, i know theyre vermin but it was so cute, eventhough it nearly severed my OH finger hes still worrying about it:D

thats what we were worried about Jenna, internal injuries, i told him to put it out of its suffering but hes too soft & then it started livening up after it bit him!!,
    thanks for the advice we had some antiseptic handwash in the van & when we got home we put some antiseptic spray on it.

he phoned the GP DT, but they couldnt find the records of when he had his tetanus:rolleyes: but he thinks it was about 6-8yrs ago so hopefully he will be covered

9. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Oh jeez definitely get him to A and E! a squirral bite can be so dangerous, the ungrateful little blighter!

Sandy caught one in our garden last year, I was more scared about what the squirral could do to the cat rather than what Sandy did to him, the squirral got away without a mark on him but he was one seriously peed off squirral. Hope your hubbie is ok, if he starts having cravings for peanuts in shells get him treated asap! seriously though he will need it treated,cleansed and antibiotics for infection coverage, hopefully he will be ok!

Joxx

10. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Something will be along to dispatch it. Foxes are always around somewhere, so i wouldnt worry too much about it suffering too long.

He still needs to see a doc. You can say "told you so" in a fe days when his finger is swollen and sore, and possibly infected :)

11. noushka05

ive told him Angel but he wont go:rolleyes:

mine keep getting frogs aswell:( we saved loads but sometimes were too late:(

i agree Rona! he is silly!!:p i know but he just couldnt kill it, so i just hope,although its vermin, its gunna be ok:(

i said lets go and av a look tomorrow to see if its gone Portia, but he said he'd rather not know than find its body & we just left it there to suffer

he just cant be bothered for a 10 hour wait in A&E Portia:D

my dogs have murdered loads of wildlife!! sometimes i dont know why i got that flippin breed!!.:eek:

12. claire

claire Guest

Oh dear i can imagine they can give quite a nasty bite,

:eek: :eek: :eek:

13. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

Send him off for a tetanus jab just to be safe :D

14. noushka05

PMSL!!:D i have noticed his nose has started twitching!!!:laugh:

i hope so Jenna i feel really guilty leaving it like that
    yes i'll be surprised if it dosent get infected! you should see how deep it is:eek:

15. noushka05

its really nasty Claire!! it wouldnt let go!!:eek:
    hes gone out now....out of my way! cos hes sick of me nagging him to go for a jab!:D

16. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

hahah A&E is ridiculous sometimes.... my GP sent me there once, we waited for 4 hours and then they told me to go away and see my GP :rolleyes:

hahha my last dog murdered a chicken once :( we had an allotment and I was walking him around there, and a chicken ran out in front of us... somehow (I have no idea how) he managed to slip his collar and he got it :( I didn't know what to do so I just put a pile of leaves over it and walked away LOL I was only about 10 :(

noushka05 likes this.
  17. rona

rona Guest

Typical man, ignore it and it will go away :D

18. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Aww poor squirrel :(..Hope it will be alright! :)
    And that your OH will too but im sure he will i have been biten by squirrels and im still here to tell the tale :D :D

19. CatzEyes

CatzEyes PetForums VIP

I agree keep on him about getting it checked out.

I got bit when I was two and still have the scar on my pinky finger after all these years. My mom use to feed them and they would walk into the house to get the peanuts so my mom told me I decided one day it would be alright to pick it up. Mistake, got bit and had to go to the doctors and get a tetnus shot.

20. noushka05

:D oh thats just typical of A&E! no wonder he'd rather risk it! lol
    my huskies have murdered rabbits,partridge,various other birds,frogs & an assortment of rodents:(....& 1 ferret which did survive(i think)...& all this carnage whilst on lead or running in harness:eek:(imagine if i let them loose:eek: :eek:)

or drop off!!!:laugh:

he feels much better now he knows youve survived a squirrel attack DD:D

he wont go Catzeyes, it dosent look to bad at the moment so we'll keep an eye on it but i bet he'll have a scar tho, sorry to hear youve had a bite too & you were only a little tot:(

Tigerneko likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice