Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Omg what a fantastic day!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by shetlandlover, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Today we took the dogs to Lytham....and guess what?

First off...Alaska will only ever pee or poo in the garden, only!!! No matter how hard I have tried to get her to she did it fine before her accident this time last year however since being confined to the garden and house for her healing she stopped. Anyway today...she pee'd and poo'd outside the garden for the first time in ages. :D

Then.....we decided to try Alaska offlead....never done this before....she came back!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited. And Aiden pee'd at the beach which is a surprise because he has never been on sand before.

Scorcher had a fantastic day she was running and playing all over the beach. I am so happy right now. :D

Pictures..from the start.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

Looks like they had a great time Emma...

3. They did. So did I. :D

4. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Fabulous pics....beautiful dogs.......there are several that deserve framing there.
    Really jealous of your great day x

5. Beau-a-saurus

Beau-a-saurus PetForums Senior

Wow, Alaska is gorgeous but I want a Scorcher!!!! looks like they were having the best time.

Not too hot, not too cold and loving the sun :thumbup:

6. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

Aww gorgeous!! Where was Kai?? Aiden looks way cute in them pics :) Charlie looks mad as always :p hehe

7. Kai was being walked by my grandparents and looked after at theirs today because they said they wanted him for a day. He went to clitheroe yesterday which he enjoyed.

8. Dazadal

Dazadal PetForums Member

Hi Shetlandover
    What a fantastic day had by all!!!! We go to Lytham once a year after Blackpool Dog Show its a lovely beach. Great to see dogs enjoying themselves.:D

9. We are at Blackpool dog show every year.
    It is a great beach. I love it. My in laws dont live far from Lytham so we take the chance to go to the beach.

10. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Brilliant pics and super, super dogs. Isn't Aiden beautiful? I have a massive soft spot for Shelties.

11. CarrieH

CarrieH PetForums Member

Love your gorgeous looking Shelties, used to have a sable and white girl so will always have a soft spot for Shelties.
    I really should make the effort to get the dogs to Lytham the next time I'm in Lancashire because they do miss their beach walks when they're up there.

12. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

They are beautiful dogs, looks like a good time was had, i didn't know dogs were allowed on at Lytham, wen is Blackpool dog show? what sort of classes do they Have?

13. Yup I must have seen a good 50 dogs offlead today during the time we were there. Ranging in size and breed...we got rounded up by 2 border collies, was very funny because Alaska wanted to round them up but sadly they had more experienced than her.

Blackpool dog show is: 24th -26th June 2011
    http://fossedata.co.uk/downloads/pdf/BLAC_JUN_11_Schedule.pdf

And its a champ show, does all sorts of classes for breeds.

14. Pampered pets

Oh right, i'm not sure were Blackpool and Lytham beach start and finish LOL i usually go to southport.

Is it still no dogs on Blackpool?

15. I dont go to Blackpool with the dogs as people try to steal them. Or shout abuse at us...so we go to nice quiet places. :)

16. Pampered pets

steal them :confused:

17. Had someone try to unclip Alaska's lead once while I was facing the otherway luckly I caught them. I dont go near Blackpool with the dogs unless its Blackpool dog show and even then its more Lytham way.

18. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

19. CarrieH

CarrieH PetForums Member

It'll be over 20 years ago now that I had a man tried to do exactly the same with our old Sheltie (not at Blackpool I'll add). Couldn't believe someone would try to be so brazen about taking a dog.

#19 CarrieH, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  20. Its not the first time and I doubt it will be the last. Thats one of the reasons I moved out to the country side. Here they come and stroke your dogs, give them love but you dont have to worry that they will run off with them down the street.

Its funny no ones ever tried to steal my GSD wonder why....:tongue_smilie:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice