Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

OMG - was it a BIG mistake

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Emmastace, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

I have just given Mia a giant kong stuffed with carrot slices, chunks of swede and few bits of broken up bonio held together with dabs of peanut butter. It took her less than a minute to get it all out and she has now turned into a Tasmanian Devil. She was racing around like a whirling dervish doing a high pitched, staccato bark, tossing everything she could find into the air, ripping cushions off the sofa and duvets off beds and growling when I tried to stop her. She only stopped when I shouted at her and I have never done that before. She is now half calm but still seems to be able to do anything but mischief.
    Is she just really happy......or had a bad reaction to her first taste of peanut butter?

2. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

sorry i had to have a little giggle! They certainly like to test the boundaries!

Sounds like excitement to me.

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

corr i dunno!!!!
    crazy pup!
    :lol:

4. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Mystery solved............my son came in about half an hour ago to ask where the 3/4 of a packet of dark chocolate hobnobs that he left on his bedroom floor have gone. Wrapper found hidden under my duvet that was on the floor from the rampage earlier.
    Phoned McVities, and after a desperate plea cos they don't divulge any recipe information in case I am a rival biscuit maker, they told me that she couldn't have eaten more than 48g of dark chocolate. Looked it up on that fantastic chart and she is in the 'vomit and squits' category. Serves her right! and my son gets to clear it up as punishment for leaving the damn things where she could get them :lol:

5. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

Looks like you going to be in for some fun then :biggrin:

6. JulesF

JulesF PetForums Newbie

Ooo yuk! Best she gets it out of her system but I don't envy your son!

7. bobbyw

bobbyw PetForums Senior

Oh that's a relief then. I have to say when I read the first bit, it sounded like the reaction of a four year old who has just had their first smarties (dunno if they are still laced with E numbers these days though)!

8. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I was just about to say that sounds just like Ferdie behaved when he got hold of a box of chocolates. Also he eyes were bloodshot and he was drinking gallons.

9. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Ha ha, i'd say she's just very happy - too soon for it to be an effect of the peanut butter as she's only just had it. Bless her bet she loved her snack! :)

Ooow - just read about the biccies, naughty girl!

10. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

LOL :D

sounds like she seriously enjoyed the hobnobs... and well the peanut butter must have pushed her over the edge :D

Bless her, I couldn`t help but laugh... I think it`s great when dogs and cats have mad half hours like that,especially when it`s someone elses pet and not mine lol

Good luck for the next 48 hours when it all comes back out ;)

11. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Not sure but if you check ive a feeling peanut butter may have a high sugar content. A sugar rush can send them into orbit, so just check and if it is high in sugar as I possibly suspect, that might be your answer.

12. Sled dog hotel

Just noticed you put bonios in there too, for some reason bonios send mine especially Kobi a bit nuts, so I dont get them anymore for that reason.

13. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

I don't give Mia Bonios very often but they were there and I wanted to try the Kong. She hasn't had peanut butter before either. (Obviously the Hobnobs are a first too) That was the first mad moment she has had since I started my diary to try and pinpoint what sets her off. Maybe she just looked in the newspaper and realised it was thursday, thats the day she had a mental moment last week :lol:

14. Sled dog hotel

I saw the post about the Hob Nobs after I had posted, No wonder she was on a sugar rush!!!:rolleyes::

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice