Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

OMG! they do listen!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by catz4m8z, Jun 3, 2010.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Anyone else think their dog/s are really badly trained only to be surprised when you find they have been listening??:D
    Was buttering some cream crackers last night (with audience!) when one broke and a big buttery piece fell on the floor in front of them. They all just stood looking at me to see if I wold let them eat it!! Ive never really thought I bothered training them to leave floor food but automatically shouted AH AH! when anything fell on the floor and removed it. I then gave them all or part of what had fallen or if it wasnt suitable a treat instead. I think I trained them without even thinking about it!:thumbup:

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

You'll be surprised at what they'll pick up on :D

Mine follow me to the back door but stand back until I say 'okay'. I never really 'trained' it they just picked it up :D

3. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

Your lucky that cracker would have been gone in an instant with my lot. They do know leave when playing with a ball but food :lol: thats another story :D

4. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

haha isnt it great when that happens. i didnt teach kody to sit next to his bowl whilst i got his food, he just does it. its very cute :)

i dont think skye would take food that had dropped on the floor unless i told her unless i didnt see that i dropped it. kody wouldnt hesitate to grab it though lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice