Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

OMG !!! there`s a child in the garden !!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sailor, Mar 28, 2011.

1. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

I just got back from the shops and before I did anything, I let Sailor out into the back garden because it`s a lovely day.
    Then I sat down at my desk to work and I saw a little girl who looked about 3/4 years old in my back garden, running past my window, with Sailor in hot pursuit :eek:

I ran out as fast as I could, worried for the little girl and there was Sailor looking at me, as if he was the happiest dog in the world lol
    I think he thought I had actually brought him a new friend, instead of the usual chew bone :rolleyes:

I called Sailor in and he ran straight in to his crate, such a good dog, I was half expecting him to stay outside with his new friend and chase her around the garden some more :eek:

Then I went outside to talk to the girl, to find out who she was and where she came from... but she wouldn`t talk to me :blink: she was either too young, or just too shy.Infact she was oblivious to anything and ignored me and struggled to climb onto the trampolene to bounce around, while I was stood there confused ...

Turns out this little human belonged to a neighbour who has recently moved into the street and she had got in through the side gate, which my children must have left unlocked this morning getting bikes out for the school run.

Anyhow, drama over, the little girl is back home, side gates locked and Sailor is sunbathing on the trampolene in peace with a chewbone :D

2. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Oh my goodness......what a shock! Isnt sailor a good boy! x

3. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

thats so weird !! happy everything is okay, hopefully that little girl wont wander into anyone else's garden, that wont have sucha gentle dog as you have. :rolleyes:

4. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

I keep looking checking out the side and back windows scanning the garden for her, children are such sneaky little things.

She is happily playing out in the front, going into gardens to pick flowers and collect stones, she hasn`t got a care in the world, bless

5. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

Woah, you mean your killer breed of dog was playing, with a child??!! :rolleyes:

;)

6. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Oh my! Sounds like quite a shock! Bless your Sailor!

7. petzplazaUK

petzplazaUK PetForums Senior

omg can imagine ur face when u spotted the child and sailor playing ,just got to hope the child didnt enjoy itself so much it comes back everyday now then :001_smile: good boy sailor

8. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Playing yes, but I think the media would have had a very different description for it :D

9. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Well, I've heard of babies being left on people's doorsteps, but not one that age. Isn't it lucky that you didn't actually have a dog in the garden who would have objected to this intrusion? After all, a dog doesn't know it is a child does he? Just an intruder. How irresponsible to allow a child that age to wander wherever she likes.

We once looked out the window and saw a pyrannean mountain dog in the back garden! I think I would prefer that to a stray kid, myself:eek:

10. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Well done sailor :) mother should be carefull of child wandering into other gardens not all dogs are as friendly especially if gaurding property sadly :)

11. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Woo Hoo Congratulations Sailor who managed to managed to over ride his 'Aggressive breed traits' :D

Thats certainly one way to meet your new neighbours, sounds like the little girl was having a lovely time :)

12. xxbailliexx

xxbailliexx PetForums Member

:D:D

poor sailor, thinking you got him a new toy then sending it away :lol:
    i love seeing a dog running around with kids. our Baillie gets soooo excited when playing with our girls :D

they love having water fights in the garden with her :D
    hope sailor is enjoying his chewbone now though.

13. Pets2luv.webs.com

Pets2luv.webs.com PetForums VIP

I can't believe a little girl of that age is out wondering the streets on her own :eek:. She is lucky to have found a nice neighbour on her travels and not anyone sinister or gone into a road.

14. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

Its not brilliant, but I once gave my mum the slip! She didn't realised my dad had left the gate open (unlocked) after loading something into the back of the car.

I only got to the top of the road before she came running after me...but god knows where I would have gone otherwise.

She read my dad the riot act, then blamed herself for not checking and had my dad put a new gate on where the latch was right at the top, so even if it wasn't locked I couldn't get out as I couldn't open it!

15. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

Well I'm sorry Sailor lost his new friend. What a good boy he is though.

Our son was an escape artist, you couldn't take your eyes off him. We made both kids memorize their full names and our phone number at an early age.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice