Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

OMG the Fur, save me....

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sketch, May 20, 2010.

1. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

I am half way through grooming Dalton, already i have a whole extra GSD, or you would think so with all the hair, Rayden has run off with a huge pile of blonde undercoat, so i have had to brush him to get it all off, instead of all black he had a blonde afro, all over him, i have swolled half of it..
    On a positive note Rayden looks bootiful all brushed until he goes out to roll in the soil ofcourse.
    Are any of yours having a big moult right now
    xx

2. rona

rona Guest

Mine never seem to have a big moult :confused:

3. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

Oh yes.....the last couple of months has been awful!!

We brush Koda nearly every day, and still get a dyson full from the living room....every day!!

4. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

well they moult all year a little, but twice per year loads come out Rona, like i mean loads, so maybe the warm weather has prompted this, i groom them daily, but using his rake, i am covered......Is dog hair harmful to my lungs haha, i need a mask, bits are tickling my eyelashes haha
    xx

5. francesandjon

Our problem is trying to stop Koda eating it! Its easier to brush lots, then collect it up afterwards (always brush out in the lean-to, not in the house!), but Koda likes to help clean up.......

6. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Little buggars arnt they haha
    xx

7. ArwenLune

ArwenLune PetForums Senior

8. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Ours moult twice a year :thumbup: 6 months in the spring & 6 months in the autumn :rolleyes:

9. francesandjon

Sounds familiar.......

Makes me even more determined to get a staffy in the future.....I dream about their short coat! lol

10. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Yeah Rupert gets a more extensive shedding period twice a year where you stroke him and just see all these loose hairs. I think that's partly why he got a hot spot on his bum because that's the last place to moult and its still only half way there.

What do you groom yours with, Sketch?

11. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Dont bank on it these two have short coats, its like liveing in a perminant snow storm so days :rolleyes: Its quite therapeutic roughing them up with a pair of rubber gloves though that gets heaps off :lol:

12. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

We're trying to decorate at the moment as well .... we painted the skirting boards & doors yesterday & they now look like they have a mohair covering with the amount of dog/cat hair all over them. We are hoping to sell our place this year so let's hope that we don't get any clean freaks come round to view it!!!

13. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Kiras shed was fun lol :rolleyes:

I found that brushing with a normal brush and undercoat rake, then bathing, then brushing all over again got rid of a good amount :thumbup:

want to get a furminator ready for her next one but dunno if its worth £30 :confused1:

14. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Ebay has them for £9! Its genuine too, where I got mine from :)

ETA: I guess you would want a medium. I find I can just do his legs with it but the large suits my Uncle's newfie well :)

15. francesandjon

Ditto about ebay.....we got one, its fantastic!

16. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Hi hun
    I use a slicker brush daily, and rake them everyweek, but today he is shedding loads, really blowing his coat,
    I used a furminator last year and it stripped some of his top coat, so I flung it in the cupbaord never to be used again lol
    The rake is ace i must admit
    xx

17. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn PetForums Senior

I'll second that.. Cassie is a nightmare.. i brush her outside and i swear the balls of it roll around the garden in the wind. With her being white and brindle and us having a deep red carpet is shows really bad.. OH scrubs the carpet daily with the little attachment to get all her little tiny hairs out.. they just wont budge easily either.

Hadn't thought of rubber gloves.. might have to try that today while its nice out :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice