UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an email of a man to tell me he has bought a whippet called Danny. He was in a state so took him to the vets for a check up. They scanned him and it came up that he was a stolen dog. They told him to contact his owner. He is my friends dog who I bred and gave her as a pup.

She asked him to contact me to confirm that the dog was stolen from her whi I have done.

I honestly thought this dog was gone forever I'm not sure what is going to happen now that is up to my friend to sort out with the person who has him now. I'm just happy he has been found and we now know were he is. He is our Angel's litter brother.

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
im so pleased for you, i hope the origonal owners can sort something with the people who have him now.

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im so pleased for you, i hope the origonal owners can sort something with the people who have him now.
Its up to her to sort out now. I'm just happy to know he has been found he was a lovely dog. As long as I know were he is it is up toher wether she has him back or lets him stay were he is. If he was mine I would want him back were I knew he was safe forever.

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He was stolen in january or february last year so nearly 18 months. He was stolen along with a lurcher bitch. She too was microchipped but nothing has been heard about her since.

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Gosh that was a long time was he the one that the people lent to take hunting? I think i remember a thread like that and the people didn't return him?

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Great news. :thumbup:

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My friend has just rung me Danny will be returned to her at 10 am tomorrow. The person who has him has said that there is no way his concoinse (sp) would let him keep a dog that had been stolen.

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
That is superb news. I am really chuffed for you. Hope it all works out :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
WOW thats great news:D

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whats even better is I'll get to see him again in 3 weeks when we go to pick up Willow.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
aww what a wonderful ending :)

That's very kind of that man to allow your friend to have him back, some people would not be so welcoming in that situation :)

Hope the reunion all goes well! Your friend must be in complete shock!!

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is great news, how long had then man had him before he realised he was stolen ?
From what I've been told the man got the dog at the weekend. He was in a bit of a state so took him to the vets first thing monday morning. He asked the vet to check for a chip as he thought something didn't ring true about the people selling him. I have spoken to the man and he said something just didn't see to be right which is why he asked about the chip.

My friend also rescues lurchers in her area and has at the moment a young lurcher she has had for a while who was skin and bone when she got him. I think she is going to show him to the man and see if he would like to take him.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.