Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Omg scared me silly

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Freyja, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I have just got in from work and walked all the dogs. The last 2 to go out were the 2 iggies. Well we didn't get far on our walk. Buck cocked his leg up a lamp post for a wee.

He suddenly jumped back screaming. He lay in the middle of the path and screamed he wouldn't let me touch him. Eventually he let me pick him up and put him onto his feet. He couldn't stand on his back leg the one he cocked.

I carried him home everyone was giving me strange looked as ever so often he screamed. His back leg was just hanging down.

I got home and OH asked why I was carrying him I told him he had hurt his leg I put him down took off his lead and the little sod ran into the sitting room and jumped onto the chair as if there was nothing wrong with him. He is now playing ug of war with Willow and a squeaky toy.

I think he had just tried to lift his leg to high and pulled it and being the drama queen he is he thought his leg was going to fall off. A chicken drumstick and a squeaky toy later and he's totally forgotten about his sore leg.:rolleyes:

2. Petloversdigest

Petloversdigest PetForums Senior

My whippet fell over once - screamed the place down - you could hear it for miles - I thought she was near enough gasping her last - a few minutes later she jumped up and carried on the walk as if nothing had happened! Jeepers - no wonder us humans get grey hairs.....Glad AOK though - better to have a drama over nothing than have something bad happen, eh....:)

3. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Oh bless him! I had a dog-leg related scare today, not fun at all, is it? Little terror, he sounds like! Glad he's alright :)

4. ian1969uk

ian1969uk PetForums Member

LOL, they can be so melodramatic can't they.

We were feeding Peggy once when she screamed and lifted her back leg off the floor, whining like she had been shot. She had actually stood on a piece of kibble she had pulled out of the bowl :)

She took about a minute to put her foot back on the floor, then started walking around as if to say "oh it's ok now".

5. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Are you positive the lamp post wasnt live, my oh works for street lighting and it happens more often than you would like to think, its most often discovered when dogs wee on the post and get a belt off it. Just told my oh and he said if you suspect it could be live then the dog needs to go to the vets and you need to get your council out to the column asap.

#5 thedogsmother, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

My first thought was that the post was live but I'm sure Willow had already pee'd up that post and I had already walked the twins and Simba has to pee up every lamp post along the path and he was fine.

I think Willow had pee'd up the post and Buck was trying to wee higher being so small he lifted his leg higher than normal and pulled a muscle.

They are in Ben's bedroom at the moment and I'll not let them out until I get in from work at 10am but I took them for a walk late last night and he was fine not limping or showing signs of being sore at all I think he was just being a drama queen. If he's sore when I get home I;ll take him along to the vets for a check up.

7. shells

shells PetForums VIP

glad hes ok, my first thoughed was is the post live also if it was it can hurt

8. thedogsmother

I can be that just the door is live if its a concrete column, I wouldnt let them pee on that one again just in case though. Glad hes looking better today, Ive been worried about him:001_smile:.

9. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

Oh my how scary, glad he is okay now!

10. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I have got home from work and taken the 2 little boys for a walk. Buck is fine he is walking ok and tried to go back to the lamp post to wee again but OH had gone with me and had Buck. I told him not to let him wee up the lamp posts just in case it was live. There are plenty of trees for them to wee up.

It was a metal post I know they have been having problems with them. They have only been in for a couple of years they are along the path they put in when they knocked the old Michelin factory down. At one end of the path the lights keep going off they said it was an electrical fault. But the end we were at have always been ok.

I don't know if they belong to the council as there are signs up saying the path is private property and is only used by the public by kind permission off xxxxxxxxx. When we go out this afternoon I will look and see if there is a phone number on the sign and give them a ring on Monday and let them know there is possibly a live post. If not I see the chairman of the community committee and will let him know about it.

11. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

Im glad he is ok, they do like to worry us :lol:

12. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

OMG - I thought you were going to say he got a shock from the lamp post! :eek:

Glad he's okay and was just being dramatic - he is a bloke after all! :D

13. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

They are such drama queens at times..
    Yesterday I thought Heidi had broken her leg coz I made her jump and her back paw knocked the door frame as she jumped back. She ran around yelping, with her back leg dangling like she had broken every bone in it........for 2 minutes then she forgot!!:rolleyes:
    And I remember Adam once being bowled over by some other dogs playing in the park and conning me into carrying him all the way home. Rotten little *** just wanted a lift home and my arms were dead from carrying this 6iB dog home. (I dont know how Paris Hilton does it, they do get heavy after a while!!:D)

14. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

aww i hope you're ok now :eek: Tummel got his toe momentarily caught in his crate once...you'd think he'd fallen over he was limping and putting on the sad eyes for hours!!! Then as soon as OH walked in he was fine!!! Thats happened a few times now.

Another time he was walking on a grass verge...literally about an inch higher than the path and he slipped...little so and so limped for about 10 mins then realised he hadn't done anything and ran off :rolleyes:

15. Angie2011

Angie2011 PetForums VIP

Arr! bless poor baby! maybe he wanted extra loving from Mum! :D glad your baby is ok. x

16. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I forgot to update this thread.

Buck is doing fine and has had no problem with his leg since. I have spoken to the man from the community committee and he said he would ring the people responsible for the lights as he has the number they are not the reponsibilty of the council. He also said he doubted that the post was live as he had spoken previosly to the engineer when the lights went out and stayed out for weeks on end. They told him if there was a problem with any post it would blow the fuses as they are only 32amp fuses and about 25 street lights run from 1 fuse. He seems to think they will say if a post was live and gave out a shock it would blow the fuse and all the lights would go out.

He also said he would never let his dog pee up a lamp post. eeerrrrrrr he has bitches so not much chance of that happening. Needless to say I keep my boys away from the lamp posts now they are not allowed to pee up them any more.

17. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

Glad he is ok from his drama. He sounds like a right character.

18. thedogsmother

My oh who is an electrician who fixes street lights for a living said "what a load of ****, complete and utter *******". I think what he was trying to say in his own elequant way is that they arent being totally honest and it could still have been a live column ;). Im just glad Buck is ok though, I hope it wasnt a live column and just him being a drama queen:D.

19. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Some how I didn't quite believe what he was telling me. I thought it was a load of ******* myself. Hopefully they will come out and check the post anyway. In the mean time I am keeping my dogs well away from all the lamp posts and warning any other dog owners that that post could be live as well

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice