Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

OMG Little reggie has worms

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by noddy, Sep 10, 2009.

1. noddy

noddy PetForums Newbie

Ok here goes. Brought little reggie home on sunday (9 weeks today) took to the vets monday had his first jab and first does of worming treatment panacur. Tuesday morning noticed that his poo was a bit runny and by mid afternoon got quite bad and i also noticed what i beleive to be round worms about 3/4 inches long with some small ones as well. Thank heaven for google.

On wednsday no difference in the situation and still passing these worms (which i beleive to be dead) Reggie also finished his worming treatment. Never having a pup before and after reading many pages on google i got concerned regarding the possibility of him dehydrating and if i should continue using the worming treatment so rang the vet. Vet assures me not to worry and to give him tiny amount of food or none for12 hours and make sure he gets enough water.

Well reggie still has his appetite and drinks ok and is also still running around like mad but last night he got diarea so bad it was like a water pistol. Although he is still his happy old self this morning he still had runny poo (not as bad as last night) with several large worms in.

Sorry if i am rambling on, but i just have one or two question. How long does it take for the worm infestation to clear from is system and how long should i allow him to have diarea before contacting vet. Last question Should i cook him up some rice and chicken and if so how should the chicken be cooked.

Many many thanks for those that read and reply.

2. trabonita

trabonita PetForums Member

first of all, ring the vets and just ask them whether the diahorea is normal etc, then at least you will be reassured. with regards to the chicken and rice, you boil the chicken in a pan of water. As long as your pup is his happy self I wouldn't worry too much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice