Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

OMG just been insulted!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DaisytheTT, Mar 29, 2011.

1. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Some of you may remember my post about foundation recommendations awhile back. Well after trying out lots of different samples/suggestions, I decided to go with another Estee Lauder foundation.

So there I was at the counter, perusing the different choices of foundation in this particular brand when the sales assistant comes over to me.

I explain Estee Lauder stopped doing the foundation I used blah blah blah and I was looking for a replacement blah blah blah and she looks at me and says the resiliance lift extreme is the one we recommend for MATURE skins.

Mature skin! I'm blinking 39. :yikes: I wouldn't have minded quite so much if she'd said maturing skin :mad: and the real stinger was the sales assistant was a good 15 years older than me! I probably could've swallowed it if she'd been some dewy skinned youth but I felt like saying speak for yourself missus!

The classic thing is people are forever saying they can't believe I'm nearly 40 and I look more like I'm in my early 30's

Humph - the cheek of it :cryin:

2. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

SNAP! Some women are born with the bitch gene. To make you feel better there was a commercial on for some miracle wrinkle cream and my eight year old son looked at me and said 'You should get some of this stuff Mummy, then your skin would look like mine'. Another time there was a dermatologist advertising some new filler and he said 'Maybe you should go see that guy'. My friend's son announced to his Mum one day "Look! You're growing a mustache!' I hate the honesty of children sometimes, but we have to forgive it. That clerk was just nasty - probably jealous too.

Let's make up come back lines!

But it doesn't look like it's helping you very much.

3. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

Maybe she felt intimidated by you and felt she needed to insult you. You should have asked if its the one she uses and if so you know to steer clear of it! :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice