Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

OMG I didn't expect it to make a difference!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by peppapug, Jun 8, 2010.

1. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

So it appears to have worked :thumbup:

CASTRATION!

My boy pug was castrated at 18 months three weeks ago. Well this week I have found myself saying, " Percy seems to be under the weather" he is calm and relaxed :rolleyes: I thought he might be ill - no symptoms, if anything he just seems kinda grown up?!!?

Then it occurred to me this could be his new disposition! His mum seems to have calmed and be less highly strung and he is definately less bulshy and very chilled.

Now I castrated him to shut everyone up who said his exuberance was because he was entire.......Darn you may have been right :lol:

I do hope so :D

2. moboyd

moboyd PetForums VIP

I found a massive change in my boy, even though he was 9 years of age and I thought by now his behaviour was set in stone, I was wrong,I kept him entire because I showed him, once retired from the ring I saw no reason to keep him entire, and have the stresses we and he had to go through when our girls were in season, the change was "almost" immediate well a couple of months, he is now so chilled out he's like a different dog lol, glad it seems to have worked in your boys case too.

Mo

3. peppapug

It's amazing, he even allows his mum to get some attention without bowling her out the way!! This is a few weeks later, what will he be like in a couple of months......Happy days :)

4. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Take it from me he's sulking! I'd do exactly the same if you did that to me. But then again I'd probably call you names too! :lol:

5. peppapug

Nah, this is the first week of calm, before that he was perky percy as usual, now he is placid percy...... He still loves his mama :thumbup:

.....I think that is why he is currently licking my feet :scared:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice