Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

OMG how can anyone say this is acceptable

Discussion in 'Ferrets' started by DKDREAM, Nov 5, 2012.

1. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

2. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

poor things, I so hope they get a more understanding and caring home.

3. maisey

maisey PetForums Member

I don't no, I know a few people with cages about this size but the animals only sleep it in and have access to the house most of the day.
    Considering ferrets sleep on average of 18 hours a day as long as they have the freedom in the day I don't see it as a major problem, of course if they are kept there 24 hours a day that's a different story but you never know they might have a lot of freedom.

4. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

reading the add they dont, ferrets are such active animals, its such a shame, especially 2 hobs too, they get quite large some of them.

5. SnazzyJazzy

SnazzyJazzy PetForums VIP

i agree with you dk :( The cage would not be to bad if they were only in it for nap times but its way to small if they are stuck in it all day

im glad im nowhere near them lol :eek:

im having slight worries about the new cage im getting now as i have been reading and apparently the trays are very shallow... :eek:

6. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

why are you worried?

7. SnazzyJazzy

i have a vision of litter being kicked everywhere lol plus the little bugger still are not pooping in the litter tray and picking ferret poop from between bars is not pleasant lol

8. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

get a litter tray, use a bulldog clip to hold it in place, if you look on youtube you will find videos of how to do it

9. SnazzyJazzy

i shall do lol :) i will post pics of the little darlings in their new home tom :D

10. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

as for the pooing everywhere, this sounds dirty but leave poo in the box for a couple of days, they will smell it and realise that is where they should go, like they would if mum was pooing in the corner.

11. SnazzyJazzy

i shall also buy nose plugs tom then.... lol

12. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

lol just for a few days, or would Solomai use a tray? she could maybe show them.

13. SnazzyJazzy

its strange because when they have the roam of the house they use the litter trays but they wont in a cage lol. dirty protest i think.

thanks for the tips, iv failed with munchkin but these babies shall be litter trained....nose plugs ahoy!!!!!!

14. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

if its any help elmo and cinders just pooed anywhere too when i 1st got them.

15. SnazzyJazzy

Thanks lol, i know that next door cleans out the cages once a week. I have no idea how they can stand the smell all my fuzzies get cleaned out twice a day lol maybe im just to fussy :eek:

16. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

yuk once a week, Mine get done daily all the corners and fresh in for them, I only suggest it with babies who haven't learn't and just a few days then clean and start again, its something that they should learn quick as ferrets are clean

17. Tomskrat

Tomskrat PetForums Member

looks like a liberta abode which is wayyy too small for fuzzies, especially if their in there for along time. I felt sorry for my two girls in a 4½ double hutch and had to get them a coop, so i worry about what some people think is large enough for two ferrets.

i clean every day too :) even though their outside and the smell doesnt bother me it just gives me peace of mind knowing their clean. Plus my girls usually find their litter box.............or right next to their bed :D my girls must've missed their ferrets are clean creatures lesson :rolleyes:

18. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

either that or taken away from mum too soon?

19. Tomskrat

Tomskrat PetForums Member

don't think so took them home at 9 weeks after watching them grow from little chipolatas. They used the litter box in their old cage, maybe they just got confused after the move??? will maybe try the no clean for a week idea, silly girls. :D

20. SnazzyJazzy

we can share the smelly experience lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice