Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Omg can't believe what happened in Cumbria yesterday !

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by willa, Jun 3, 2010.

1. willa

willa PetForums VIP

I'm shocked with what happened in Cumbria yesterday :eek6::(

We have cousins who live in Cumbria,& it's just terrifying

Why the hell was he allowed those 2 Guns ?! i thought Guns were illegal in this country.

2. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Gun ownership is legal in the UK (apart from certain constraints and restrictions on the type of firearm) with the provision of a firearms or shotgun certificate, which is obtainable from the police.

Of course you need a good reason to own a gun.

3. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

My best friend lives in Cumbria with her 2 baby daughters. I had to phone them to make sure they were okay.

4. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

You could bet your life every farmer round here has got a shot gun, some friends of ours go clay pidgeon shooting, and each of the family has got a gun, from the mum and dad to the fourteen and eight year old daughters

5. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

it's the same argument as dunblane as far as i'm concerned, if he hadn't had a gun he would simply have used his car, a large knife, or a baseball bat.

He probably had a full gun licence and was 'normally' mentally stable, but family life has pushed him that bit too far and he's gone abit nutty. Very tragic but just cos he's got a gun doesn't mean that everyone one should be banned from using one. the laws need to be properly controlled and modified to include health check ups etc but other than that the laws are pretty tight.

The terrorists on the plane that took the pentagon only had KNIVES!!! yet no-one stopped them.. so guns aren't the problem.

feel well sorry for everyone involved, the poor guy that did it probably needed lots of help by yesterday and was too far gone to ask for it. :(

RAINYBOW likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice