Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

OMG been asked out

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by piglet2003, Feb 3, 2012.

1. piglet2003

piglet2003 PetForums Member

My best mate has split from her husband but they are going to see if they can continue to live under the same roof but leading seprate live's. I get on very well with them both so don't want to get involved with taking side's.
    My problem is he came to drop off some sand for my daughter's school project and then asked me out . I made a joke off this but it is now making me feel awkward.
    1: I would never ever date a friend's ex.
    2: I haven't dated in over 9years since having my daughter and spliting from her dad she is my first and only priority.
    3: I am happy with my own company and to be honest i wouldn't know what to do LOL.
    4: I am very cynical why would you ask out your wife's best mate. To get back at her and upset her well i am not that sort of person.
    really don't know how to handle this he is a nice guy but not for me. I now don't want to go see my friend in case he is there and i am not going to tell my friend as i hope they will get back together.
    Any advice welcome

YES I am happy 3kids, 4 Cats, 1 House rabbit, 2 Hamsters and fish who need's a man not me.

2. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

You really need advice on this ? he is a ******, she is your "Best" friend, easy choice. Its off to cross the boundarys of screwing a mates ex.

3. Shrap

Shrap PetForums VIP

Don't tell your friend as she may end up falling out with you even though you tried to do the right thing. Just try to avoid contact with him for a while and focus on making your friend feel better. I'm wondering, if this is the sort of man he is, is your friend better off without him?x

4. piglet2003

Thank's for the replys, I am not going to tell my friend but i hope he will get the message. As i said before i am not interested it is something i wouldn't do. Maybe she is better off without him it's just i feel he has crossed the line who in there right mind would ask out there wife's best friend and think that it is ok. I was shocked at first but now i am getting bloody angry who does he think he is. All i can try and do is help my friend through this difficult time and yes i now think he is a ******. How dare he no wonder i have stayed single all these years bloody men.

5. Heather78

Heather78 PetForums Senior

It's great that you're going to stick by your friend, let that arse do his dirty work elsewhere.
    When me and my first hubby split up, within a few hours I had a text off one of his friends with just a pic showing his todger :confused1: I mean if it was a fair size then fair do's but it was only a tiddler, I don't know why he was flashing it around lol :p I never would have done anything with him or any of my ex's other mates. There's always a line there that you don't cross.

6. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

Maybe its just blokes think differently and he doesn't realise its a bit of a no no. My sons girlfriend (of four years) went out with his best friend for a couple of months before my son - best mate said he was welcome to her as she was too high maintenance for him!

7. porps

porps Swollen Member

Golden rule is bros before hoes (and i reckon that should remain true even if ya bro is female and the ho is a male)

8. click

click PetForums Member

They're all the same.Women wouldnt do this would they? :rolleyes:

9. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

I was in this situation. I thought I did the right thing by telling my mate.
    Cut a long story short, they eventually got back together and I was cut out! Whether it's cause she thought I was a liar, or whether she knew it was true so decided to keep me away because of insecurities I will never know. :(

10. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Errrrr yes!!!!! :mad:

I really liked a bloke, had a few dates with him but then he decided he wasn't ready for a relationship. :rolleyes:

About 2 months later, a load of us were working on a joint project, and a friend of mine had some dealings with him. The next thing I knew was that she was seeing him even though she knew that I still really liked him!!!! She even had the cheek to ask me for his mobile # and I stupidly gave it to her thinking she needed to speak to him about the project.

So yes, women can be just as bad as blokes in these matters!!!

11. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

sisters before misters ;) ha ha

i would concentrate on helping your friend get over the difficult period and get back on her feet, with someone else!! i wouldnt want my best friend to get back with someone that thinks its ok to hit on his wifes best friend, even if they are seperated :mad:

12. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

It's how some blokes' minds work....
    He is 'free' and you have been without for a while so you must be despreate for a man....

It is sickening, but, apparently, it is how some of them think. They simply cannot believe we are not slaves to our sex drive the way they are.... Or rather, they cannot believe they are so utterly unimportant we can do without for an extended period of time without missing out on something vital, and probably even being a lot better off than we would be with them.....

I remember a friend of mine being left by her husband.
    Within days, all her ex's friends came offering her their 'services'.......

The worrying part of it is that they seriously believe they will be fulfilling a need........
    Yeah, their own, maybe........

13. Jugsmalone

Jugsmalone PetForums VIP

Yes. I'm ashamed to say this but will tell you all anyway. My best mate (female) ran off with my dad when I was 17!:eek: They ended up getting married and having a child. They are now divorced and guess what, she has spilt up another marriage too. So IMO it does not matter what sex you are, it’s the individual person.

14. Paganman

Paganman PetForums Senior

Legends :thumbup:

15. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

OMG maybe evenually forgive an ex boyfriend or hubby but your Dad :eek: thats beyond the pale. Is she an ex friend?!

16. Jugsmalone

Jugsmalone PetForums VIP

Most definitely and I hate her. She ruined my family and my life (although my dad has to take some responsibility in this too) and the last couple of years of my teenage years. When she was with my dad she did nothing but cause trouble between us both, by telling lie after lie after lie. She was very jealous of me, I don’t know why but she was. I was made up when they split up.

17. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

No legend....
    There was one friend of her ex who kept seeing her without any ulterior motive, to him she had always been one of the gang, who just happened to be a girl and married to his friend, and he kept treating her like he always had, a sporty friend to go cycling and hiking with.

Years later, the man moved abroad for work, and after a year or so, she went to visit. They then suddnely realized how much they missed each other and what a special relationship they had..... They got married within a year, are still happily married, and have a grown daughter.

18. piglet2003

It's Nice that i am not alone with this sort of thing but sad that men think it is ok to behave that way. I don't mind having male friends but anythink else and i run a mile. I might be single but i am happy that way i have my kids and my furry kids as well. I don't feel the need to have any man in my life at the moment or in the near future. I have all the love i need from my human kids and non human kids LOL.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice