Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oliver's spirit,Worried and sad,Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Rott lover, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Rott lover

Rott lover once you go black and tan you never come back

I know this is going to sound weird and maybe psychotic but this is my biggest worry.Oliver passed away in the house we are currently in and now that we bought a house I am worried his spirit is going to stay behind and be lost and worried and sad that we left him. I know that it is said that the spirit fallows what it is attached to the most which would be us and we also have his ashes so I would like to think that he will fallow us.

Just really worried and sad.

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

He would be attached to you not the house ;)

Sophie17, Sairy, tabelmabel and 8 others like this.
  3. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Your post bought tears to my eyes I think he will follow you as lurcher lad said. It is difficult leaving memories behind when you move house.

Rae12345 and Rott lover like this.
  4. Rott lover

Sorry I didn't want to make others sad

5. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

No don't be sorry it's just sprung out how much you loved your boy.

Rott lover likes this.
  6. JenKyzer

JenKyzer PetForums VIP

I’d be thinking of it as, when a loved one passes on, we feel their spiritual presence anytime & anywhere... no matter where they lived/died..

I’m sure he’ll be following you to that nice big garden! Xxx

PawsOnMe, Rae12345, Sarah H and 4 others like this.
  7. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

I sprinkled my first dogs ashes in our garden where he loved to play ball, and run with my children.

He's still with me in spirit and although OH says there will never be another Pippin. Which is so true as he was so perfect and one in a million. I catch myself sometimes when one of our dogs since do something just a little bit off their usual self and it reminds me of him. I think of his spirit.

8. Rott lover

I would like to think that since we were his attachment and we have his ashes that he would move with us.

JenKyzer and Boxer123 like this.
  9. Matrod

Matrod Moderator
    Staff Member

He’s with you in your heart so wherever you go he’ll still be with you. I’ve got past pets buried in 2 different gardens where I no longer live but I carry them with me.

Rott lover and lullabydream like this.
  10. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I'm sure where ever you are he'll be with you, your memories and his spirit are stronger than moving house.

Rott lover likes this.
  11. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

I recently had to move house without a choice in the matter and left two beloved cats buried in the garden there as well as the memories in the house :(

Hopefully they came with me, especially as one of the cats I had lived with me in the house I've had to move back to.

Rott lover likes this.
  12. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I lost my OH and felt his presence a lot.
    6 months after my son took me on holiday to a cottage he’d stayed in with his
    girlfriend. OH and I spent a day there with them.
    As I stood admiring the view and reminiscing our time there. I felt him behind me, wrapping his arms around me. It was a moment I will never forget. One of the most poignant I’ve had.
    So please believe Oliver will be where you are xx.

13. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

He'll go with you, as he would if he were still of this earth.

Rott lover likes this.
  14. Rosie64

Rosie64 PetForums VIP

Don't worry about that @Rott lover he is attached to you not the house where ever you go he will follow

Rott lover likes this.
  15. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

Winnie the Pooh quote.jpg
    He is in your heart & your memories of him in your head you will never be anywhere you go without him now.

Boxer123, tabelmabel and Rott lover like this.
  16. Rott lover

Thank you all so much. I am glad that I am not crazy for worrying about this.

17. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

I agree with others that he is attached to you and not the house. I wonder though if you would find some comfort in also having something that still physically links him to your new house? It could be bringing some soil from the garden and then using it to plant a special tree in memory of him or creating a memory box with items you can keep.

18. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

I live in Hungary but we were in Cornwall, UK, some 1500 miles away from home, when my beautiful Peigirl, M'boi died. Her ashes were scattered on the cliffs facing France so her spirit could find it's way back home.

Sure enough, some two months later, as we turned into my village, I swear I saw her running down the garden towards the front gate to greet us. That was nearly 8 years ago and her spirit still appears to me in my dreams, even though I now have another Pei, my much loved Georgina.

19. danielled

danielled Guest

He’ll follow you. I sometimes see my budgie Charlie, or my cat Toby. My budgie didn’t even live where we live now, I had her when we lived in swinton.

Rott lover likes this.
  20. ErsatzNihilist

ErsatzNihilist PetForums Member

Hey. I suffer from this in-extremis for anything non-human, including objects which I've spent a lot of time with. While I'm not suggesting the same for you I have a diagnosed personality disorder and one of the manifestations is to associate emotions and "feeling" with inanimate objects. I absolutely, 100% understand the anxiety about something's 'essence' being separated from you and being lost, especially if you also feel the guilt that the essence of the thing you love will think you no longer love it when you do.

I've coped with it by keeping a small treasure trove of 'objects' which link the things gone back to me - like, the key to my desk that we had to get rid of. All these objects are kept together to keep one another company, and I make sure to visit them from time to time to make sure they're not forgotten. It's just as bad with pets for me, and with Edgar I've kept objects which are from important stages in his life so far. First Collar, a few baby teeth, his first (and now heavily eviscerated!) toys. Through these I know that he'll know I still care when he's gone - but these are really just totems.

While I suspect we're coming at this from slightly different directions, I think it has the same effect. Oliver's spirit knows you cared and loved you and that's really all that matters. It's not the house.

Rott lover likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice