Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oliver can you please come home NOW !

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Gem16, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

He went out at 1pm and hasn't been seen since, granted it isn't a very long time but he usually checks in every hour. Because of the other missing cats lately it is making me extra stressed.
    We are moving house within the next week and i would hate to lose him before then i could never rest, he will be an indoor cat in the next place.
    Aghhhh why do they like to make you worry, i hope to god this doesn't turn into a missing cat thread cause i couldn't take it, i just hope he's enjoying the sunshine and nothing else! i pray i am tempting him to come home by even writing this ( sods law and everything ) :rolleyes::

2. catzz

catzz PetForums Senior

I'm sure he'll be back. Mine have been staying out a little longer now that it's warm and sunny. I think that Spring is in the air and they can tell. There are lots of new smells to be investigated and that takes time you know :D. Seriously though - I do think there's something about spring that makes them wander a bit - probably why Eric and Ozzie went off on Great Big Adventures! I'm really glad they're home where they belong and I'm sure Oliver will be soon too - just as soon as he realises he's hungry :)

3. Bellarina

Bellarina PetForums Member

Oh no! There can not be another one! I'm sure he's just our enjoying the sunshine or playing with a mouse or something. I'm sure he'll be home in time for tea! Fingers crossed.x

4. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

I agree with Catzz, even my old fella has been going out for longer periods just lately. I think you are perhaps a little stressed with the impending move and this is making you a little more anxious :) Don't worry I'm sure he will return for his tea, there's nothing like a rumbling tum to bring them back home :D

5. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Hope he is back soon.If he is going to be an indoor cat at the new house I think I would be tempted to keep him in now till you move,in fact I would keep them all in just incase they do wander off and get lost.The last thing you want is lost cats on moving day.

6. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

He is the only 1 who goes out here, the other 2 are indoor cats. He is a total nightmare to keep in he ends up getting in a mood and beating my other cat up, lexi. It isn't so much me either, it's my dad he winds up. He scratches permanently at the door and walls in the front room and cries his head off ( you know what men are like with less patience! )
    He will have secure outside access in the new place so that shouldn't be an issue.
    :( He has been in and out alot the last few days but today is really driving me crazy, it's tea time now!

7. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

Oh, kitties!
    They've probably been reading the forum and discovered that runaway kitties get loads of treats and cuddles in their way back!

Or they have a secret society that needs someone constantly working there. That's why when one comes home, another one have take over the mission.

Oliver, your shift is over. Go home now!

8. Stephen&Dogs

Stephen&Dogs PetForums VIP

I hope he get's found safe
    I know what that's like I lost one of my cat's for 1 and a half day's because she was trapped in somebody's Garage.

9. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Oh Oliverrrr :( Naughty puss!

Sure he'll be home soon, just out enjoying the sun :)

Em
    xx

10. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

I am wondering if he has been shut in somewhere too. He is almost 15 and lived here all his life so the chances of him going somewhere new and getting lost are pretty slim. The whole road is viewable from my window so i would be aware if there had been an accident, he is in good health that we know of, so no reason to think he's gone off ill.. it is pretty busy today out the front with visitors though ( mothers day ) so perhaps he has gone somewhere quiet.
    I feel like i am going to be sick tho :( when my mum comes home at 6, if he isn't back by then, we will go and knock on some doors and have a look. :(

11. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

I'm sure you are right about the secret society, my husband used to do shift work and so came home quite early in the morning and he used to see all the neighbouring cats all in the same area sitting on walls etc and he said they looked like they were having a meeting and were in some secret cat society. It used to amuse him seeing them all sat there as it was the only time he witnessed this, in the early hours of the morning, never at night when he came home:D

12. popoki

popoki PetForums Member

I think that might be true! :lol:
    Hope Oliver is home safe and sound soon.
    xxx

13. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

Just been looking up and down the road, back alley too, nothing :( i hate this so much!

14. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

come home oliver..i know its been a nice day but mummys worried...playtime over xx

15. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

I get angry because if i had my way he would be an indoor cat too, but cause he spends all his time downstairs and does love going outside, they let him go. I always turn into a nervous wreck when he's out for a while but this is by far the worst, he hasn't come back for dinner :(

16. Bellarina

I so feel your pain. It's all way to fresh in my mind! They are little buggers aren't they?! He will be back I'm sure of it. Keep going out and calling, he'll soon appear.x

17. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

HE'S HOME! i opened the front door and he came swaggering round the corner like nothing has happened, then he stretched out on the kitchen floor as if to say 'cor i'm worn out now' he's having dinner at the mo then hopefully will settle down for the evening :D think i just lost a few pounds pacing round the house lol, guess i shouldn't be so quick to panic when it's a nice day :eek:

18. popoki

popoki PetForums Member

Glad he's home!
    xx

19. Bellarina

Thank God for that! U can breathe again now! Glad he's home safe and sound.

20. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Hope thats him grounded for a while,my nerves couldnt take all this worry ;)Glad to hear he is home safe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice