Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Older spaniel vomiting “bile”

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by KatW85, Nov 20, 2019.

1. KatW85

KatW85 PetForums Newbie

Hi all, I am new here and have a 14 year old Springer Spaniel named Belle. This morning she has sicked up three small patches of what looks like Bile in the lounge.. she hasn’t eaten and won’t even be tempted by a treat, but she’s drinking like normal, having solid and is weeing like normal.. her behaviour is normal too.. any tips on how to help it pass or what foods to encourage? I’ve only had her a month and a half and we haven’t changed her food or eating schedule, I’m fairly certain she hasn’t eaten anything she should but we were out walking yesterday so she may have snuck something in. thanks in advance

2. KatW85

KatW85 PetForums Newbie

*solid poo that is meant to say!

3. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Bile is sometimes what they vomit from an empty tummy. I'd try to get her to eat, maybe even some boiled chicken or fish with rice or some scrambled egg.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

An empty tum in the morning can cause this.

What time is her last meal?

Maybe try giving her a biscuit or handful of kibble at bed time?

Burrowzig likes this.
  5. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I give my dogs a light meal (1/3 of a normal one) before bedtime to avoid night/morning hunger pukes.
    Belle will probably feel better after a walk, and go back to eating normally.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice