Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Older cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Pollypudding, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Vanessa131

Vanessa131 PetForums VIP

There is a cat at my vets who is 25, she lives almost entirely on dog kibble.

We have lost ours early, 11 and 12, cancer in both cases. Tommy had thyroid cancer and back then treatment was very limited, Aisha has a cancerous growth on the base of her tail, it was too close to her bum to be removed successfully.

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Wow, 25 is a great age, but you would think a vet would ensure their cat was fed a species appropriate diet! :(

MissMiloKitty likes this.
  3. mightyboosh

mightyboosh PetForums Member

Oliver is nearly12 and has some tummy issues so he's on a special diet. He's doing well, touch wood.
    We had a Persian called Chantelle Bombardier - Bomber for short, who lived until he was 19. I'm sure Oliver is a re-incarnation of Bomber.

IMG_2007.JPG

4. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums VIP

Hes a star with all his funny sleeping positions lol

5. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums VIP

My last kitty was Gripper who lived until 15 and a half. He was PTS because of FKD in 2003. I think he would have lived longer if he was neutered earlier. He was 8 when he was neutered. He ate Whiskas and Felix and was an outdoor roamer.
    I think if he had eaten better quality food and was an indoor cat he might have live until 20. Also, things have come a long way in terms of veterinary science since the 1990s and we have so much access to information via the Internet now. I think Miss Milo could reach 25. I will be in my late 60s lol

I recommend you taking your senior kittizen for senior wellness tests because they can tell you if he has any kidney problems lurking and you can manage it and slow it down. They can check things like teeth etc.

Gallifreyangirl and Soozi like this.
  6. MissyfromMice

MissyfromMice PetForums Member

Some pictures of (late) Lotje, who was almost 21 when she passed (in february 2011). The pictures were all taken in 2007.

015.jpg 017.jpg 016.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice