Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Old Man with Puppy update

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SpringerHusky, Jun 27, 2010.

1. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

some may recall his thread http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-chat/102446-replacement.html a while back.

I haven't seen him in maybe a month and was really becoming worried for the puppy. Found out some news from a friend/neighbor of his turns out he's been in hospital for 2 weeks, been very ill apparently stress induced. The puppy was given to local shelter by the man's daughter who said he just can't cope and should never have got her but now he's just far too ill to look after her. :frown:

My friend works at the shelter he was handed in to and she is indeed there but already reserved and due to go to her new home soon :thumbup: she's 4 months old and apparently very adorable but is not house trained, she's destructive and basically needs training. My friend doesn't know who the new owners are as she never met them but apparently they are a lovely couple who work form home.

2. SpringerHusky

Bump :scared:

3. pika

pika PetForums VIP

Awww I'm sorry to hear about the old man and hope he gets better!

Glad that the little dog has found a new home where she will be cared for as well :)

Thank you for the update!

4. spudsmummy

spudsmummy PetForums Senior

Awww sad news about the old man but glad the puppy is going to a good new home.

unfortunately could have been the stress of the new pup that cause the man's illness. He was clearly grieving over the lose of his old dog and thought a puppy would help :-(

5. SpringerHusky

Yeah, i hope so too, he's always bee a nice man :frown: but agreed, it seems a better life for her.

Yeah, I think it could have been too. He is in his 80's and it seems a puppy was really just too much, I think it's better for them both they are apart and maybe when he's better then he'll look at getting an older dog.

6. PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth

PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth PetForums Member

Thank you for the update, I remember this story. Feel sorry for the old man but glad pup has got a good gome.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice