Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Old friends

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by springerpete, Sep 30, 2013.

1. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

Been browsing through some old stuff this evening, pics I've not looked at for a while and dug these out. I've very likely shown them before, if so then just ignore them.
    Bracken, he's the big Springer, his sister, Gizmo, and old Dylan. Apart from the one with yours truly in evidence the other two pics were taken on shooting days. Sadly all three are now hunting the woods on the other side of the bridge, have been so for some time but they had a good life that's for sure.
    Old Dylan always made me smile with his habit of using Bracken as a pillow wherever he could, Bracken never seemed to mind, perhaps he drew some comfort from it, who knows. The last pic shows the boys trudging back from the last drive of the day, bushed but happy, and ready for a groom and their dinner.
    These old photos' fill me with a mix of emotions, sadness for their passing, but more a sense of joy at the times we shared and a realisation of how blessed I've been to have the opportunity to spend my life in the company of the wonderful creatures we call ''Dogs'
    As I write this I have the current pair competing for the best position across my feet, they are being a pain, but you know what, I wouldn't have had things any other way... And yes, in case you might be wondering, the Lady is at work..........

Attached Files:

2. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

All three say so much more than words ever could.

I particularly love the last photo - Two tired but very happy dogs.

Made me smile on a Monday night :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice