UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard about this on the Sheepie Shack this morning and am now reading it on Sky News.

Apparently, sheepies just really aren't a popular breed anymore which is so sad as they are such delightful dogs!

Here's the article

Clearly, I need to do what I can and start hoarding sheepdogs :D

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
That really suprises me as they are such lovely dogs. Saying that they do seem quite rare now :(

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
That is so sad.

My Aunt and Uncle used to breed and show them in the late 80's early 90's. I remember my first kiss was a OES's :D

But apart from the ones my Aunt and Uncle had, I never really saw any others and have only seen a handful as I have gotten older.

Suppose it'll be like the English Setter too.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
:eek: Oh no, I can't believe it.... they are soooo gentle & loving. They can't disappear

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Oh what a shame. They have always been rare though. When I was 14/15 a friend of my mum's had one. Lovely boy, I used to walk him miles and people always stopped to pet him.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I've only known one and she isn't a great ambassador for the breed - very antisocial and has skin and bladder problems :(
Can't remember the last time I saw another one.

It's sad but I wonder if people see the breed on Crufts in it's full show coat and think "I couldn't cope with all that hair!" and are put off, although I've never seen one with anywhere near as much hair.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.