Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Old cat, new kitten. Hello fleas! Advice please!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by LucyAnnH, Nov 25, 2012.

1. LucyAnnH

LucyAnnH PetForums Member

Okay, before I get on my knees and beg for help / your opinions, I want to give you the facts..

- We experienced an outbreak of fleas in our flat having skipped Otto's (one year old male) monthly advocate dose.
    - We blitzed the house, he was quarantined and treated (temporarily with Frontline, no good!!). Then we used advocate, goodbye flea issue.
    - Took him to the vets on Weds night, turns out we've been using the smaller dose on him and he's actually a large cat now! Thought we'd wait to treat him again as had only treated him two weeks ago.
    - Nivali (female kitten) moves in on Thursday night.
    - I notice bights on my arm yesterday. Recall seeing a flea on one week old kittens at breeders house. Remember thinking, when she suggested using flea spray, that Nivali is definitely going on advocate.
    - No signs of fleas on Nivali, then or now!
    - Otto has fleas now....

Just now we treated him with the new larger cat advocate and have put him in the kitchen, washed the bedding and sprayed the bedroom.

I am confused as to how they got to him again? Any ideas?? Maybe I carried a flea to our flat and he hadn't got enough advocate in his bloodstream?

Nivali is going to the vet on Tuesday night to get her advocate and jab.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice