UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has beware of the dog signs up ??? i do one in the front window and did have one on the bk gate which some kids ripped off the other day :( and do you think everyone should have them??

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Don't have any signs on the house but forever we've had 'Police dogs in transit' on the back of our cars, pet hate is people riding the bumper and this seems to make them back off.

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
I have "My Rhodesian Ridgeback Lives Here" signs in the porch and on the back gate.

People say that it could encourage 'stealing to order' BUT I prefer it to 'beware' for a few reasons. I also live in a secure place, the back gate is 6.5ft tall and padlocked - and the dog is never in the garden unattended. I don't fancy anyone's chances at getting into the house either ..... but still sincerely hope they don't try!!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
iv got one on the front gates saying 'dogs running free, please close the gate' as i was sick of the postman leaving the gate open. got one in the window saying 'lurchers lives here' but anyone who opens the gate will know there are dogs as lexi makes a right noise :( :D

my mom has one next to her front door have a sign saying 'forget the dog beware the wife'

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Not at home, because everyone knows I've got dogs as they bark when someone comes in the garden.

I'd like a 'please shut the gate' sign though.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
i never bothered in our old flat but tia was only a baby while we lived there. we're at my mum's atm and she has them on her house as they were just there when she moved in and despite having no dog, she kept them anyway (good burglar deterrant!).
i don't think i'll bother when we move out again as there isn't really much to 'beware' of with her, but i would do it if it you had to.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
iv got one on the front gates saying 'dogs running free, please close the gate' as i was sick of the postman leaving the gate open. got one in the window saying 'lurchers lives here' but anyone who opens the gate will know there are dogs as lexi makes a right noise :( :D

my mom has one next to her front door have a sign saying 'forget the dog beware the wife'
ha ha ha my mum has that one too and shes got it on the door mat

·
Registered
39,229 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,944 Posts
I have beware of the dog on both gates and one on the front window saying caution dog running free.

I heard someone say if you have a dog you should have some sort of sign on your window, because it warns the firemen there is a dog in the house, and if they can they'll try to save it.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I was warned about the legal technicalities of putting up 'Beware of the Dog' signs. so I just have multiple Dogs Trust sticker on my window (they come free whenever you sponsor a dog :))
I also have a hand written note on my front door reassuring the posties that there is 'cage' around the letterbox and that Diz cannot get access to their fingers.

I simply want to make people aware that a dog lives in my property, should anything happen to me, not that they are anything to be fearful of.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I have 4!

Front door, back door, french doors, and back gate.

My sis-in-law has the best one I've ever seen...

It has the pic of a GSD [she has one now but did have 5] and it says underneath... ''Go ahead, Make my day!''

:lol:

G

·
well you learn something new everyday,i was told it was the oppersite way round.:eek:
i think i may just take mine down now because i dont honestly know how alfie would react if someone broke in :confused1:

thank you for that diablo
you are allowed to use other signs tho such as 'dogs running free' or anything that relates to the breed you have like dogless:)

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
thanks! i have now just removed the beware of the dog sign out of my window :)
will look for a different sign next time im out :thumbsup:
Pets At Home do the ones I have and other types such as 'Dogs Running Free' pretty cheaply.

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
I have a ''caution dogs running free'' sign for my back gate.

I do need to get a new ''_ dogs live here'' sign for the front window for firemen should there ever be a fire so they know how many dogs to look to save if they can.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.