Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ok to leave Mum & newborn kittens

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MyBeanie, Aug 22, 2013.

1. MyBeanie

MyBeanie PetForums Newbie

Hi. Was hoping someone could give me advice. I have 4 cats, the last one we adopted as a pregnant stray. She gave birth to 4 healthy kittens Tuesday night and is feeding and looking after them well. She will occasionally get out of her bed for a wonder round but always returns to them.

Basically I am a bit worried as I have to go out for the day tomorrow and just wanted to check that the kittens and Mum will be ok on their own or should someone be with them?

I have been around most of the time with her since Tuesday so she is used to having someone there.

Sorry if its a silly question but wanted to make sure they will all be ok and not come home to a stressed Mum and kittens.

Many thanks
    Vicky

2. Etienne

Etienne Dad to Puss and Shadow

Sorry I cant help but have you considered posting this question in the cat breeding section as well :)

3. MyBeanie

Thanks for your reply, I'll post it there too

4. Shadow And Lightning

Shadow And Lightning PetForums VIP

I would suggest having someone there, I know of someone (sisters friends friend) whos cat had kittens and she left them just for a day to come back and mum decided she didn't want anything to do with them and all but one had starved to death.
    This doesn't happen often but if it was me I would feel happier if someone was there, just in case
    :)

also do share some pictures of your cats and welcome to the site

5. MyBeanie

Thanks for you reply. I will get some pictures together and post them:smile5:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice