Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ok, so I'm going to have to send Bess out to work!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by BessieDog, Aug 21, 2013.

1. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Not a good day. OH has just been told he won't get paid this month -perhaps not next month either! :yikes: (he's a minor Director of a small company - it's either the Directors who don't get paid, or they have to lose staff, which means the work can't get done which means they'll all be on the dole! ) :rolleyes:

So I'm thinking what we can do to pay the bills.

Now Bess will happily prune any shrub within an inch of her life - and loves to digs holes. She'll even weed a patio if you show her what you want doing.

What d'you reckon? Anyone want to employ a gardener dog? (Just can't guarantee you'll get the results you wanted!). :D

2. Howl

Howl PetForums VIP

Sorry this is happening but glad you have a few creative solutions :p

3. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

I think its a case of if you can't laugh - you'll cry!! :D

4. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

I have a tree stump that needs digging out. I will give her £50 if she can do it.:D

5. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I'm sorry about your OH's news. Bess' Landscaping Services sounds good but she won't get far without a driving license I don't think.....(awful pun intended :eek:).

6. Phoolf

Phoolf PetForums VIP

She could certainly help my mother turn over her huge allotment and you can have the vegetables she digs up, at least she'll be putting dinner on the table for once!!

Hope things improve at OH's work in all seriousness, nobody likes uncertainty like that. *hug*

7. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

She'd give it a good go! I can just picture her now, paws frantically digging! :D

Hmm. And then she'll be wanting a car ....:rolleyes:

8. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Sounds like a great idea. And she could feed herself whilst working! :)

And thank you. It is a bit worrying!

9. ozrex

ozrex PetForums VIP

BURGER! Sorry to hear that. Hope it all resolves satisfactorily and SOON!

Love your solution however. If gardening doesn't do it... Now, let's think... how about a super-fast courier system? Bess with panniers hurtling through traffic to deliver...maybe not. Bess's PC Guarding Company? Bess able to guard any property/person without unwanted litigation, guaranteed "No-Bite Solution" TM, intruders licked to death??

Modeling! Yes!!!! "Long-legged, utterly gorgeous, red-head seeks modelling position! " Could work. If you're really hard up you could add "can supply own leather bondage gear." (well collar and lead, anyway) and the flood-gates should open.

Maybe I should think some more...

10. Cheryl89

I have some weeds that need pulling up I'll give her £50 also if she can do it :) x

11. Buzzard

Buzzard PetForums VIP

Really sorry to hear this, but I once had a dear friend (sadly passed) who always said so long as you keep your sense of humour you will be ok. It sounds as though you certainly have your sense of humour. Hope the financial problems at your husbands company improve on the asap.

12. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear about your circumstances (((((hugs))))) and hope it all gets sorted out soon.

In the meantime, I've got two border collies and two bergamascos who are willing to help Bess in her landscaping company. They have impressive credentials - can comletely destroy (sorry, dig over) lawns, can dig tunnels and at present are working on a swiming pool (at least that's what Tarot says he's digging at the moment).

As for transport, don't worry about driving licenses and cars - we'll harness Calli to a cart and hey presto - problem solved!

13. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Oooh! You're quite close to us too. Only problem is she'd pull up all your flowers too! :crying:

14. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Great idea! Bess would love to help out with digging swimming pools! What a team! :D

15. ozrex

ozrex PetForums VIP

How is she at demolition?? Lot of building where I live because of people pulling down houses and building McMansions. Team Bessie with Tess and Rex and we just might have a business.

16. Cheryl89

Hehe all I have are big tree shrubs so I'm certain shell 1) get to meet my nutty springer & 2) do a great job lol xxx

17. andrea84

andrea84 PetForums Senior

im sorry to hear about your situation at the minute and hope it goes bk to normal very soon.
    as for your gardening idea well i think its great :) i have a whole back yard that needs completely re vamping!!! how is she at putting up fences? ha ha :D

18. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Actually she's not good at demolition - you'd have needed my old Great Dane for that! :eek:

Now tree shrubs are definitely her thing! She'll prune those right back for you! She's also very good at getting apples off the tree - unfortunately her method leaves them a bit bruised as she jumps up and shakes the branches. I'm just waiting for one of the bigger ones to fall on her head.... :rolleyes:

And do you really want a nutty Irish Setter to meet a nutty Springer? I suppose they'd end up exhausted! :)

Putting up fences unfortunately isn't her forte - pulling them down I expect she'd excel at! Or going by the state of (or lack of now) my trellis! :eek:

I'm loving the suggestions - keeps me smiling! :D

19. Mulish

Mulish Just a Little Penguin

I'm sorry about your OH's situation, hope things improve quickly.

As for Bess, I think the gardening is a great idea. No need to worry about people not getting what they want, take a fake film crew and tell them it's like Changing Rooms, no-one ever got what they wanted then but, with a camera in their faces, they had to pretend.

As for transport, my daughter has just grown out of her bike and it's yours if you want it. Funky purple colour (actual purple, not pretend bulldog purple) and it says Rock Chick on it. I think it'd suit her perfectly.

Alternatively, teach her to pick pocket. You might have to work on getting her to bring you wallets rather than tissues and dog treats, though.

20. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

We have the same problem here, it makes life very difficult sometimes but I come from a family that always finds the positives and has a sense of humour (admittedly it shocks people sometimes). A reality check came last week when we worked out the OH has not had a pay increase for 15 years :eek: :eek: Bright side is the Tax man has had less from us!!

As for poor, poor Bessie, renting her out for nasty manual labour is about as low as it gets :nonod: ...I would willingly pay for her to come on a play date with Indie, not sure you'd get her back though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice