Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oh what larks we had......

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by 8tansox, Nov 20, 2012.

1. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

....... not!:eek:

The rain is coming down in bucket fulls here, so we got ourselves all togged up with the relevant wet walking gear, got the pooches into the car and off we set; no problems, horizontal rain in our faces on the way out, so we were looking forward greatly to the return journey with the rain on our backs.

Got back to the car, dried the dogs off, offered them water, got into start the car - car wouldn't start.:rolleyes: Damp? no, battery? no, then my husband announces that the petrol yellow light had been on for over a week now and he'd just not got around to filling the car up....:rolleyes: So, in the rain and wind, he had to walk all the way home, get some petrol from the garage, drive back and put it in the car. Easy - or so you'd think, but erm no, the pipes were empty so the car wouldn't start easily, so in turn, the battery went flat, jump leads at the ready and started.

No harm done, I'm just fed up to the back teeth of asking my husband not to leave any of the cars with an empty tank, we live in the middle of no-where and it's just not safe, but would he listen....:rolleyes: Well, he bliddy well might do now.

2. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

oh you're in somerset too! bloody horrible today, isn't it.
    sounds like a very stressful attempt at a walk.. better luck tomorrow :)

3. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

4. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

Both my OH and my Dad are terrors for this i've had to rescue my Dad a couple of times, but the funniest has to be when we lived in london and my OH offered to pick me up as i was working late. When i got in the car it wouldn't start, I was exhausted i'd done a 14 hour day.... So i got the tube and left him there :blush: Took him hours to get home :eek: what a terrible human being I am :nonod::nonod:

5. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Of for goodness sake....!! But I'm afraid that's pretty typical of husbands.

The only thing mine believes in filling up is his face - kettles, cars, etc. etc. etc. are a total no no.

6. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Oh I know about that one.

OH used to run out of petrol frequently, on the phone asking to be rescued.

Did it a few times then said no, ruddy walk :devil:

I think it happened twice more and it's not happened since ;)

7. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Can I send mine down for training please?....:D

8. rona

rona Still missing my boys

No....you've just got to toughen up :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice